Chapter 49-Foxy

"I'm so sorry, I have to go." Freddy whispered.
"Nooooo," you drawled out, your arms loosely dangling over his in a weak attempt to pull him back with you. Freddy kneeled over you with a saddened expression.
"I wanna stay, too." He said, standing up and contradicting his will, and walking out of the breaker room. He popped Bon Bon into his hand and you heard the door thud with its shut. You were going to be alone for most of the day. Of course you didn't want to be, but Freddy was going to a birthday party with Funtime Foxy. Ballora wasn't all that great company for you. I mean, don't get things wrong, she was great with you! She'd shown you a lot of kindness and you were finally comfortable with her. But you two conflicted each others' personalities, so there wasn't really all that much there besides making small talk. Then there was Baby. Straight up no. She intimidated you. Especially these days when you see her at her worst.
Funtime Freddy peaked back in.
"Apparently Foxy isn't coming!" You sat up immediately and scrambled your legs together to stand by Freddy. He held your hand fondly as you two walked through Ballora Gallery. As expected, Ballora was keeping to herself in the corner of the room, tidying after her minireenas. You leaned a bit against Freddy's shoulder. "I don't wanna lose this," you said. Freddy was taken back by the comment.
"That was...sad. Why'd you be thinking about that?"
"I dunno. I'm just sayin'. Part of these experiments is so we can, well. Be a thing."
"Aren't we already?" Freddy took your hand up to his snout.
"Yes, but I mean out in public. In an apartment with the others. Something. I shouldn't have to work here to see you only at work everyday. You know?" Freddy's ears drooped and he nodded, letting go of your hand.
"Well?" Bon Bon piped up. You laughed at the puppet's presence surprising his bear counterpart. "You two are soooo sappy with this."
The three of you kept walking until you hit the lobby. You swiped your card and it let you through a door. It was so much better than using the vents. Man.
"I'll be back around 3." Freddy reported after closing the door behind you two. You held his hand again and leaned in close, only for Bon Bon's small hand to come between the two of you. You laughed again at the puppet's feigned grimace and gave Freddy a peck on his nose. And with that, you entered Funtime Auditorium.

It was dark. Damn it, you realized you'd forgotten your flashlight. If you remembered correctly, there was a beacon to flash light in the room, but only momentarily. You could use that to flip the lights on. It was strange, the lights were usually on before opening at 9. It was noon. You figured it could be because Foxy isn't needed for the day, so no one bothered to come inside the auditorium. You felt to your right side for a solid surface. Something clattered to your left. Your fingers grazed a plastic material and you heard a faint joggle. You pressed the button and light burst out about ten feet in front of you. It was quick to fade away, though. You groaned and kept walking forward in the dark, careful not to trip on any stray objects. You could feel anything in front of your feet as you slowly crept forward in the dark. You felt more mischievous than your intentions actually showed to be. You shot another beam of light. This time it was much faster. But there was a glimpse of movement up ahead.
"Foxy?" You quietly asked. Why was he being so quiet? You shone the light again after taking a few steps forward. You could see the shadow of Foxy now, but he was a bit closer now.
You didn't like this.
You turned right and kept going on, hoping to go around the fox and avoid that encounter. Luckily, you were able to go quiet a while in the dark without hearing nor feeling anything coming near. You were positive that if Foxy was coming closer, you would have heard him. Once you were sure you were almost to the door, you shone the light one last time. Foxy was in a crouched position only a few feet away from you. His eyes were boring into your soul. Piercing into your skin. You could only observe him for a second, but it was enough to catch the unnerving nature that overtook him. You dropped the light and bolted to your left.
Judging by the sound of metal crashing onto the floor, you guessed that you'd dodged him. Foxy couldn't see in the dark, to your knowledge. So you quickly, quietly, made your way to the entrance from whence you came....and you quickly slammed the door shut behind you, triple checking that it was locked.

"BABY!!" You yelled for her in the designated party room. There was urgency and panic in your voice, controlled down to a reasonable volume for the situation at hand. She immediately turned to you and saw your wide, frightened eyes. She knew exactly what was happening judging by your fearful stature. "Foxy-Foxy-Foxy isn't-okay...." Baby made her way to you, squeezing through some tables in order to do so. The room was empty, at least, so no one had to deal with your break down. Baby put her hands on your shoulders gently. Or at least, however gently she'd permit of herself.
"Hey, hey, calm down....we can go in the back if you need to talk...?" You nodded, and you both went into the freezer room to the secret "lab".
"Alright, what happened?" Baby asked. You explained your encounter with Foxy and you could see Baby slowly get more and more concerned. If she wasn't concerned enough from you screaming for her help in the party room.
"They're beginning to take control of everyone..."
"The ghosts?!" Baby cupped  hand over your mouth, hoping to muffle any more of your panicked exclamations.
"....yes." Baby walked over to a shelf and grabbed one of the advanced discs gently. "I don't know if they're ready, but...it might be time."
"Time for...?" You asked hesitantly. Baby took a breath for preparation and looked at you square in the eye once again.
"It's time for us to leave this hell."