Chapter 42-The Incident

"Sir!"
You exclaimed.
The man stopped sipping on his drink and you froze. He looked at you with a very judgmental, awkward kind of look.
"Um...I mean..." you continued, then brushed yourself off to look more casual. "I apologize. I'm not usually so vocal so I guess I kinda just forced that out, y'know?" You leaned onto the counter exaggeratedly to prove your point. The man gave an awkward chuckle. "Sorry. I just need to talk to another human being, I can't stand being around just the animatronics. I wanted to ask what drink that is?" You pointed at his beverage.
"Oh," he said hesitantly. "Yeah, it's a...." You tuned him out a bit. It looked like an alcoholic drink and you weren't really into that anyway. You glanced behind him to see Foxy's eyes staring back at you, unmoving. A small shiver sent up your spine from the look he was sending you. Once you realized the man had just stopped talking, you snapped back onto reality.
"Oh, nice," you replied. "Yeah, I swear I've seen that before. My brother loves this one drink that looks just like it, that's why. It probably is, though...what'd you say the drink was called?"
"Grapefruit radler," he said brightly. Like he took pleasure in repeating himself.
"Right! Actually, I think that's it! Where'd you grab it from? I might get some for my brother."
"There's a store down the road from here, right across the street..."
You talked with him a little longer than you'd expected. A surprisingly friendly man.
He walked past you with a tip of his hat to meet his daughter, and then you went straight to the pantry, closing the door behind you.
"Foxy!" You scolded him, taking out the control shock taser. It really wasn't something you wanted to, or probably would have the guts to do, but you needed something if Foxy was planning on attacking that man like you'd feared.
"Woah, woah! Y/N, what's with the extremities here?" Foxy jumped back, practically scaling up the pantry's shelves to get away from you. You tugged him off before anything could break or fall, then made sure his snout was real close.
"You looked like you sneaking up on that man, and I don't know why you'd be doing that, so--"
"I KNOW!!" Foxy roared. You peeked outside. There was no one in sight. No one to hear. "I mean, the guy's a human, and on top of that, he has a kid, and-you know what-I really should be thanking you for getting me out of that!"
"Uhhh really?"
"Yes! Heavens know that I would have been the most awkward conversationalist!" Foxy facepalmed with a grand smile on his face.
"Wait, you were going to-WAIT. Foxy, you were just going to talk to him?"
"Yes....? Wait. You didn't think I was going to ATTACK him, DID YOU??!!!" Foxy's jaw dropped. You pushed it back up with your finger.
"Yes. I mean, you looked kinda sinister in the dark there, Fox." His eyes widened. He looked kinda sad, a dash of confused, and a lot of shock/relief.
"AARRGGHH!!!" He groaned, sitting back against the wall. He sunk to the ground and covered his face. "NonononoNOOO!!"
You winced, cringing back. "Is there any way for you to be a little bit softer?" Foxy's hands flew up and over his snout.
"I'm sorry," he slipped out quietly. "I didn't mean to get that loud. Well, in that case, it really is good you got me out of that."
"Oh, yeah, no biggie. Y'know, it is my job to keep you guys from doing anything sus. You..weren't..gonna do anything sus, right?"
"As in, violent? Pfft, no." Your expression relaxed some. "Unless you wanna say..."
"Foxy!"
"I know, I know! But I really wasn't gonna hurt him, I mean...maybe I thought he was kinda...."
Your face contorted some as you thought. Then you realized.
"Wait. The way Freddy feels about me. Can you feel the same way?" Your jaw dropped as Foxy's clenched in embarrassment.
"Not exactly. I mean, we all have our preferences, right?"

...
Realization.

"YOU'RE GAY?!!" You yelled. It was Foxy's turn to cover your mouth.
"Shhh, shh. Don't tell anyone?" He whispered. You nodded frantically. "Well, I'm not exactly given a sexuality or anything, but we feel what we feel, so I guess I am. But you're okay with that, right?" You started nodding faster and took Foxy's paws off your face. You held them as you jumped up and down and squealed as quietly as you could. "I'll....take that as a yes."
"I'm sorry," you apologized. You let go of Foxy and sat on the ground. "I guess you technically don't have a sexuality but you're right. What you feel is what you feel. So that guy back there....?"
"It's nothing. I mean, the guy has a kid." Foxy sat next to you.
"That doesn't mean we can't find another guy in the pizzeria." You elbowed Foxy. "There's plenty of fish in the sea."
"Not so much of a plentiful when you consider how many people would be willing to be in a relationship with an animatronic." Your face dropped to a disappointed frown. Foxy sighed and shifted over a little. "Freddy is lucky to have you, Y/N. You've excepted him and his feelings, at least by now you have, correct?" You nodded. "But I do have a question."
"Shoot me," you said. "It's just an expression." You replied to Foxy's concerned, well. Expression.
"Right," he said. "Forgive me for possibly intruding your privacy, but your information in the database says you were in a relationship before this job. Now, I don't know why they'd have that information, but I do know Freddy can't see it-which should be good to know judging by the look on your face-and I do know it's personal. But I couldn't help but be a bit curious..."
"Alright," you sighed. "I mean, it's fine. I was in a relationship before this, but it was a little more of a trial run for us than a 'let's be serious and get married'. We were both very new to dating. For me, it was kinda weird since the last sorta relationship I had was with an animatronic."
"Go on."
"But it was also weird because they weren't the same gender as Freddy."
Foxy just sat there. He saw the implication of your body language and he pondered for a minute. He looked back up at you, then he gasped.
"YOU'RE GAY, TOO-?!!"
You slammed Foxy's jaw shut. "No, not gay! Then how would I ever be attracted to Freddy??!" You quietly scolded Funtime Foxy. He was silent for a few more moments. "I'm bisexual, Foxy." He shaped out an "ooohhhhh" with his mouth.

You both left the pantry closet feeling a little closer.
"So, it just didn't work out?" Foxy asked you earlier. "It wasn't anything big or dramatic, was it?"
"I don't really know what exactly you mean by 'dramatic', but yeah. We both felt like we didn't quite match each other and we fell out of love. It was chill, we're still friends. Though it still kinda sucks. I miss her sometimes."
"But it doesn't interfere with Freddy, does it?" Foxy looked genuinely concerned.
"What? No, of course not. But Foxy, are you sure Freddy doesn't know?"
"I'm sure. I'm the only Funtime that can access the database regarding any night shift workers. Doesn't matter if you come in any other time of day. If you work the night shift, your file is under 'Night Guard' and nothing else."
"Okay," you exhaled. "I'm not so worried then. We should head down now, right? I think Freddy will start to wonder where we are." You both gave a light chuckle.
"Yes," the fox agreed. You started back downstairs, and that was when you were reminded of the commotion that Freddy was stirring up earlier. You'd almost forgotten how painful to the ears it was at times. There was still a good crowd of kids. Jerry was attending a few of them at a time to make sure they didn't go too crazy and break something. He was their little reminder that there really was an adult present to tattle on them.
"Where's Freddy?" As soon as you heard Foxy ask that, your heart dropped. He wasn't in the room; how could you have not noticed? He was the life of the party!
"Stay here, I'll go search the house." You ordered Foxy. You headed out of the living room and caught a glimpse of Foxy's face as he watched you leave. There was some guilt, perhaps regret etched across his face. He looked like he was holding back from telling you something. You ignored him, despite the nagging feeling to go back. It was better to find Freddy sooner than later.
You had searched the kitchen, living room, outside, and whatever bathrooms weren't locked. You didn't know where to search next....
You heard a glass object drop and shatter, but it didn't come from the party in the living room. It was upstairs. Your heart dropped. You raced up the stairs, your feet pounding against the wood no where as hard as your heart was. You followed the sound of creaking metal down a hallway and was met with a single room in front of you. The door was just barely open. That was almost never a good sign. You heard a kid in there, too. He sounded like he was hurt. You slammed the door open and saw Freddy crouched over the kid, his hands outstretched. The kid was no older than eight years old and was bleeding bad on his knee.
Your mind prepared for the worst. Freddy had quite possibly hurt the child. It seemed like he was locked on target, since he had paid no attention to your entrance. You wasted no more time. You raced forward once again, before Freddy could possibly react, and brushed your hands over his back. His head perked up. You found a slit with an etched opening. You opened the hatch. Freddy sat up and you had to reach up to follow the opening. Inside was a small blinking red button. Freddy whirled around to face you, but you continued to stay behind him, just barely. You pressed the button as Freddy leaned back to strike you, but upon your contact with the emergency shut down button, he lost balance and started to fall on top of you. You darted out of the way a the bear fell backwards. Instead of hearing the anticipated broken wood or the impact with the floor, you heard a large creak. He had fallen on a bed. You looked around the room a bit. This was the birthday boy's bedroom for sure. Speaking of....
You turned to the boy and grasped his face gently, looking for any other signs of injury.  He had tears streaming down his cheeks.
"H-He.....He...." He stammered.
"It's okay," you reassured him. "He's sleeping now. He'll be all better in about an hour. Now, are you okay? What happened?"
The boy was in silence.
"You don't want to tell me, do you?" The boy was silent. "Not right now?" A nod. "Do you want to go back downstairs?"
"N-No. The other one."
"Are you scared of Foxy?" The big nodded. You didn't blame him. "You don't want to stay up here, do you?" He shook his head. "You wanna go outside with me?" Another nod.
You gently took the boy by the hand and went downstairs. You avoided Foxy and the crowd of children to make sure there weren't any questions. You did pass Jerry, though, who said the parents had left to run a last minute errand for the party. You sighed. Of course this would happen once the parents were gone. You took a popsicle from on top of the counter, gave it to the boy, and sat outside with him.
You still didn't quite understand how this could have happened with Freddy. You had an idea of what happened, but you still needed to know what exactly did in order to make sure it didn't happen again.
For now, you'd take care of the kid, but once you were done, boy were the Funtimes in for a questioning.

A quick little note, I know Freddy already told Y/N he killed kids like when they first met but idk how much he included so Imma just go with the "I kinda remember you telling me this but I don't REALLY remember". Sorry for any inconsistencies.
Also this is the 90th part to this book!!