Chapter 9-Visit

Real fast, just. Over 1k reads WHAT THE WHAT-!! Thank you guys so much I never expected this to get that many.

The rest of the school day passed by quickly, and you took your regular path home this time.

"Uh, yeah no. I don't wanna end up with a fox animatronic in my house. No thanks." You joked when Dorothy suggested the shortcut again. Even though the shortcut was faster and the trail was a lot easier.

Y/N stepped inside her house after waving goodbye to Dorothy. Something felt...off. It was too quiet. Then you heard something.

Cling!

Cling!

It was coming from the basement.

You cautiously made your way to the stairway.

Cling!

Then a whirring sound, and the aggravating creak of old joints coming to life. You started to breathe heavily, riling up your energy, and you dashed down the stairs looking as menacing as possible.

"I ain't putting up with your crap Fred!" You were cut off by the realization, that there was someone else in the room. Your dad stood there, as if he'd been frozen in place and the only movement he made was between you and the bear. He was on one knee with a screw in one hand. His toolbox rested by his foot opened widely to see the entire set.

You lowered your arms down and stared.

"Well, uhh....have a good day at school?" Y/D/N asked (Imma call this your dad's name since I'm tired of saying your dad)

"Well..I mean, yeah, it was fine." You replied.

"..ok...?" He shook his head and reset his expression to a smile. "Well, Y/N, wanna see what I've been doing with old Freddy over here?"

Y/D/N put his arm around you and took out a remote. He pressed the red button and carnival music started to play. Freddy's torso started to turn side to side. Your dad pressed a smaller yellow button and the bear's hand, now holding a microphone, started to move up and down. The arm with his missing hand started to move in a motion as if he was waving to someone.   Y/D/N started to move a slider on the remote up and down, controlling Freddy's mouth as he did so.

"Hey, Y/N, wanna start your homework?" Your dad said in a goofy voice. It was funny how he made Freddy's mouth in perfect sync to this, but it was weird having to hear this voice coming from Freddy.

You giggled, to your dad's amusement. "Yeah, I've been tinkering with this old thing all morning. With your mom back at work, I should have plenty of time while she isn't home." You nodded.

"Yeah, that's great, dad!"

"Heh, glad you feel that way, kiddo. Now what were you screaming about earlier?" His face suggested that he was half joking half confused. But you could easily pick out the concern in his voice.

"Oh, uhh..." you froze. "It was nothing."

"Something about dealing with something?"

"No, I just heard you and forgot you were home, so I thought it might be the bear."

"Ohhh, ok...yeah, Dorothy's stories finally got to you?" Y/D/N laughed. You forced out a believable chuckle and you headed back up the stairs. Is it really safe to leave my dad down there with him? Well, he's been with Freddy all morning, so what's the difference. Well, you're the difference, duh.

You ignored your anxiety and walked straight into your room, plopping down burying your face in your pillow. You reached for your computer that was hidden underneath the sheets, probably not the best idea to put it where people can sit on it, and you pulled it in front of you. 36 notifications.