Chapter 20-Ribbon

First of all this art is freaking beautiful so I thought I'd put it here. It's by stevensss on Tumblr btw
Also this chapter is gonna be kinda short, so.

You and Cody were sitting on the cold ground in the basement. The only reason to that being, it was soundproof and you didn't want to risk Y/M/N figuring out the surprise. Your mom's birthday was tomorrow, so you really needed to come up with another birthday gift besides the video. Which you had already shot with Cody the previous day.
"So, you two come up with something yet?" Funtime Freddy asked. You were all sitting in a circle, with a bunch of paper and art supplies set in the middle. Cody shook his head. "Well, I always say the best gift is a good laugh. Like this here." Without warning, Freddy reached over and started tickling your side. You bent to the side to avoid him, falling onto the floor in the process.
"Freddy!" You scolded. "What did we talk about?"
The bear sighed. "No hugs, tickling, or cuddling of any kind without warning." He sighed. Cody snickered and you shot him a half glare. There was no way he was gonna ask what happened the night before any time soon, but he seemed less weirded out by you two. Heck, when you walked into the basement Freddy pounced onto you in a hug and Cody started chanting "FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT!"
"Anyways, didn't you two already make something for her?" Freddy asked again. "It seems to me that one funny video would be laughs enough for her."
You and Cody exchanged looks. "Well, maybe..?" He shrugged. "I mean, we can't figure out much else to do..."
"Really? We're supposed to have two gifts at the ready! That's the whole plan, right?" You argued. Then it came back to you. "Oh! Hey, Cody, how much of your allowance do you have?"
"What's an allowance?"
"You mean the pocket money I've been collecting? I have almost eight dollars in my drawer." Cody answered.
"And I have fifteen dollars.." you said, lowering your head to think. You saw Freddy reaching his hand behind you and you slapped it away, not moving your head's position. "Ok, what if we asked dad if we could buy ice cream for her?"
"Ooh! Wait, from where?"
"That one store at the front of the mall she always walks past, but never gets anything from? It's pretty obvious she's wanted to go there."
"But why not? Aren't grown ups the ones in charge?" Cody whined.
"I dunno, we're usually in a rush to get back home. Plus she doesn't like 'wasting her money' on sweets." You said with finger quotes.
"Yeah, right. We'll just waste money for her!" Cody said, rubbing his hands together. "I'll go get my bag!" He darted right out of the basement without a thought.
You turned over to Freddy, whose eyes kept darting from you to the ground.
You sighed. "Fine, go ahead." Freddy reached over and pulled you into his lap on the ground, nuzzling his head on top of yours. He reached up and started to pet your hair.
"I don't see why I can't just do this whenever I want. I'm not doing any harm, am I?" He whined.
"Well, I don't want you to weird out Cody. Messing with my hair isn't the most friendly thing to do. Besides! I let you do this for hours at a time at night so no complaining." Freddy huffed and wrapped his arms around you.
"He didn't seem weirded out when I hugged you earlier...or any other time I hugged you in front of him."
Y/N groaned. "Well, he might've seemed fine to you...." you muttered under your breath.
"What was that, honey bun?" Freddy asked. You froze at the pet name.
"What did you just call me?"
"Oh, nothing, cupcake." Freddy dismissed, pulling you closer to his chest. There was the sound of footsteps on the staircase.
"Okay, Freddy, time to let go." You tried to slip out of his grip, but Freddy wouldn't budge. The basement door swung open and Cody walked in with a small bag.
"25...35...60...70..75.....I have ten dollars!" He cheered, zipping up the bag. He looked at you and snickered at your struggling figure.
"Hey, uh. Sorry, Cody, I would really LOVE to get my bag, but SOMEONE doesn't want to let go!" You snapped at Freddy.
He tightened his hold. "No!" He whined, hiding his face behind your head.
"Well, do you want me to get it for you?" Cody asked. "While you're stuck in...that?" He raised an eyebrow and smirked.
You groaned. "Look on my dresser. If my wallet's not there, it's probably gonna be on the top drawer, furthest to the left."
"Got it!" Cody responded, bounding up the stairs and closing the door behind him.
"You see? He thinks it's funny when you're flustered, just like I do! So we're fine!"
"Yeah, just keep away from the kisses on the cheek and we'll be fine." You muttered. And with that, you felt Freddy press his muzzle up to your left cheek.
When he finally pulled back, you were left in a bit of a haze. "Dude. What the flip!" You snapped.
"You sound angry. Here, I'll try again!" He cheered, leaning down. You started to push his head away.
"Freddy, stop! No!" You laughed. Eventually, Freddy brought your arms down with his own and kissed you on the cheek, again. You groaned in frustration as the bear sat back laughing.
"You are too cute!!" He said, snuggling you close.
"Fred, you're kind of, uh. You're kind of suffocating me." You forced out.
"Oh! Sorry." Freddy let his hands drop to his sides, letting you clamber onto the basement floor.
"Freedom!" You cheered, shooting your fists into the air. Freddy laughed.
"Keep that up and it won't be for long~" he sneered.
"Okay, Y/N, I got your wallet! Can I call dad real fast on your phone?"
"Yeah, go for it!" You called out. Your dad was at work, but he said any time of day was fine if you needed him to drive you to pick something up. Your brother's footsteps sped down the hall.
"Now, where were we?"
"You had just let me have my personal space back." You offered.
"And I was just about to take it away again." Freddy smirked.
"Dude, no! Don't you ever actually talk to people about stuff instead of suffocating them with hugs?"
"Well....depends on the person." Freddy muttered. His mood seemed to change with his ears lowering and faceplates twitching suddenly.
"Um...I'm just curious, how were you with people? Other than kids?"
"Well, the kids used to love me! Thought I was hilarious with Bon Bon! The parents were...unsure about me, probably because of my voice. Sometimes I was put with Funtime Foxy, sometimes with all the animatronics, and sometimes I was by myself with just BonBon. Offstage, I was stored in the Breaker Room."
"The what?" You asked, trying to keep up with his rant.
"The Breaker Room is basically where they power the whole building. If the power goes out, you'd have to go to the Breaker Room to reset it. Sometimes the technician would come in and I'd walk up to say hi. But I guess some people aren't used to seeing walking animatronics...heh." He answered the questioning look that you gave him. "They gave me a controlled shock. They give everyone control shocks, every night. Ballora and Funtime Foxy get them the most often."
"Why would you even think to shock an animatronic?" You muttered. It just...didn't really feel right. Like the ones who ran the establishment knew that these things were alive, that they could feel. You shuddered.
"It's alright, really. I know that after a few...incidents...they stopped shocking us." Freddy added with a mischievous smile. You raised an eyebrow at him and he cleared his throat. "Just don't worry about it."
"Alright, Y/N, time to go!" Cody hollered from upstairs.
"Coming!" You responded, getting up and heading to the stairs. You looked back to say a quick goodbye to Freddy, but you saw his whole face had dropped when Cody called your name. You frowned and walked back to him. Y/N stopped in front of the bear and put her two hands on either side of his head in a firm grip. You gave a warm smile. "We can hang out when me and Cody get back, alright? Whatever you want to do." Freddy's eyes lit up. You gave shoved him back playfully and rushed back to the stairs. After giving a small wave, you closed the door and went outside to meet up with Cody and your dad.

"Bye, dad! Thanks for driving me and Cody!" You called out.
"Anytime, kiddo!"
And with that, your dad sped right back off to work, or wherever he went with his work friends in the afternoons. You lifted one bag in each hand while Cody held one. You walked to the house to ring the doorbell, but something stopped you. Someone.
"Dorothy?" You called.
"Oh, hey, Y/N! Wow, it feels like I haven't seen you in a while, huh?" She laughed. "What have you two been up to?" She gestured to you and Cody.
"It's our mom's birthday tomorrow!" Cody cheered.
"Yeah, and we thought we'd get her a couple gifts from the mall." You explained, holding up the bags of groceries. "Apparently, my dad was all in with the idea and went all in."
"Haha!! Oh, man, that's awesome. Well, I'll see you tomorrow, then!" She said, strutting off to her front porch.
"Wait-Dorothy-!" You strained.
"Don't try! I don't care if I'm relevant to the person, but I will hear about their birthday and I can't be STOPPED!!" She slammed her door shut dramatically. You were left there in silence.
"So, Uh....does she know about Freddy?" Cody asked.
"Yeah. Why?"
"I thought you two had a sleepover while everyone was gone."
"Yeah, we did. She thought it was some kind of quest game with Freddy as the 'final boss'."
"Why would she think that? Freddy's nice!"
"Well....he used to have a temper. But remember, he's okay now." You quickly added in. "Let's just get these groceries in before our mom notices and tries to get in on the surprise."