Lost and Found

"Lost and Found" is a continuation of the Fazbear Frights short story "Count the Ways" where Millie escapes Funtime Freddy's attempts to kill her. After much trauma, therapy, and trial, Millie finds herself not only on a journey to solve the Stitchwraith's conflict, but she ends up making friends along the way and finding ways to help others like herself. It's a very good fanfiction, please read it if you haven't. Here's the link:

Edit-you know what I'll just comment the link over here cause I can't add it for some reason 😑

(If you haven't read the book do not look ahead it has some major spoilers)

This was one of the rare books I'd read and get like REALLY emotional over. I mean, it was just so GOOD!! The last two chapters had me BAWLING like never before and that's something. When this happens (because it's happened multiple times) I usually come up with a way to give it a happy ending. So at least my mind is comforted by that so I'm not like OH MY GOSH THIS ACTUALLY HAPPENED. So yeah. Here's my "closing" to the story that I'm actually pretty happy with. It reminds me of the finale to Gravity Falls if you know what I mean.

"MILLIE!!!"

The name felt so distant, yet, so close. Like he could reach out and touch it, yet through the dark and musty haze of reality, he couldn't. The girl was a vague memory by now. Her long, black hair, her pale skin, her brown eyes. Unmistakably Millie.
"HAHAHAHA!! And how is THAT, lambchop?" Freddy's own voice echoed through his mind.
"M-My grandpa will hear me. I'll scream!" The second voice of which a teenage girl.
"Scream all you want, lambchop!! It's soundproof! No one will hear you!!"
The memory clicked out and another clicked in.
The sound of stifled mumbling from inside of Funtime Freddy as his arm reached forward and grabbed onto something. Something sharp. Metal. Rusty. Just as his arm shot towards his torso, there was the unhinging sound of his chest cavity swinging open. The girl shot out of his stomach and landed on the ground, breathing heavily.
Once again, another memory replaced the last. Except, that this one was more lighthearted.
There was not as much dread in this as the last, but the feeling was still somewhat present.
It was mixed with another emotion Funtime Freddy had not felt in years.
Fear.
Pure fear.
The same girl stood in front of him, he knew there was danger but didn't know what it was exactly. Or why this girl wasn't running away. But for some odd reason, he cared deeply about this girl. His parts started to move and nearly the same pace as what would be considered his heart rate. One leg after the other. Dashing towards the girl as a purple haze behind her started to grow.
She was getting scared. She was panicking. She was about to die. She can't She couldn't die. She won't die.
"MILLIE!!!" The new name snapped into place as Funtime Freddy hurled himself into the girl. She screamed his name as she faded away from Freddy's grasp. Did she know him? Freddy turned to the purple haze. He fought against it, a white glow radiating off of the bear. Yet, the purple haze began to overtake him, washing over the animatronic bear.
It ripped open his metal parts, his outer shell and face plates. He felt his endoskeleton tear away. His power module tore away and everything that he'd once known was taken away from him. He knew he wasn't going to come back, but he was happy.

Because at least a part of him would.

1 1/2 years after the incident

"Alright, is that the last of it?" The red haired boy asked.
"Hmmm...almost." Mille said. The teenage girl was wearing a purple striped sweater with black sweatpants stained with paint. Her hand had been replaced with a prosthetic arm and her black hair fell down just to her shoulder. She reached down into a box and pulled out one last addition.
A black bow tie and top hat. She carefully climbed on the stool and placed the top hat firmly down on a pole that stuck up out of the center of the animatronic's head. She bent down a bit to place a bow tie at its neck. As it snapped in place, she hopped down to examine their hard work.
Millie, Brooke, and Dylan all stood in a row. They had stationed themselves in Millie's grandpa's workshop, which he hadn't come back to in almost years now. It was sad that he had focused off of repairing things, but it only left time for Millie to come down and work on her own most of the time.
She collected all spare parts from the..aftermath, and now it was finally coming together. In front of Millie was what had really taken shape over the past year or so. She felt her own eyes well up at the memories. In front of her stood a tall animatronic bear. It had faceplates lining its face and rosy cheeks. The overall color was white with light purple highlights on its muzzle, chest, elbows, ears, cheeks, etc.
Dylan put his hand on Millie's shoulder. "You wanna do it, Millie?"
Of course she wanted to do it. Funtime Freddy was her best friend for the longest time. But for some reason...she couldn't bring herself to do it. She was scared that it might not work, and all of this would be for nothing. An involuntary tear stroked down her cheek.
"Hey, it's ok," Brooke said. "We're with you on this, Millie. You've put so much hard work into him, so there's no way it shouldn't work." It was....not as comforting. But comforting nonetheless.
Millie took a deep breath in and limped in front of Funtime Freddy again. She opened up the locket, the one she'd taken the best care she could over years. And she took out Funtime Freddy's AI. If she was right, this should be able to bring him back. Afton Robotics was complicated, but with the right experience and education, it wasn't too much of a challenge for Millie Fitzsimmons. She opened up the chest cavity. The one she'd crawled into all those years ago on that traumatic night. And she saw the power module.
She found Funtime Freddy's core, and when she did, she placed the AI inside. It fit snug as a bug. Millie's hopes began to rise a tad. His eyes started to spark along with other parts of his body and Millie's hopes rose even more. The electric blue eyes that Millie once couldn't bare to see flickered to life. Millie's eyes watered even more and her breathing quickened.
Funtime Freddy lowered himself down, in a robotic fashion, to face Millie. Her brown eyes softened with suspected defeat. His eyes just..weren't the same. Sure, they had been able to power him on...but were the remains of his AI core really enough to bring the real Freddy back?
No. The animatronic stayed motionless. Emotionless. Nothing like the hysterical bear that Millie had grown to love as a brother.
Her eyes flooded down again. Brooke pulled Millie into a hug as Dylan patted her on the back.
"I'm sorry, Millie. We really tried." She spoke in a quiet voice.
"Yeah, we're really sorry. But, hey! Look how far you've come with robotics! I mean, you're only in your senior year and you're able to build these things!" Dylan tried to bring up the mood. Millie only sniffled and buried her head into Brooke's shoulder. The blonde sent Dylan a look and he shrugged, mouthing "what?".
"You know Millie, that was one of the bravest things I've seen you do." Brooke continued. Millie let herself out of the hug.
"It's fine, you don't have to keep telling me that I'm okay. Because I'm not, and that's fine. I've gotten my hopes up after fully bringing Sarah and Eleanor back, even with just so little. Too bad it just isn't the same for Freddy..." Millie walked out of the shed with her cane in hand. Brooke stepped forward to stop her, but Dylan put a hand on her shoulder and shook his head.
Millie walked back into the house, soaked by the sudden downpour of rain. She didn't want to face her grandpa again, but she might have to.
Walking through the living room to make her way to her bedroom, her grandpa looked up from his laptop to face her. "Oh, sweet pea! How was it?" He asked. Millie turned to him with tears streaking down her face and his face dropped. "Ohh...it didn't turn out that well, did it?" Millie shook her head and looked down. "I'm sorry, Millie..I know how hard you worked. But, hey! Your parents are coming back from their trip next week, so isn't that exciting?" Millie only nodded and trudged back up the stairs. She plopped onto the bed, not bothering to pull the covers over her or change out of her damp clothes. The teenager curled up into a ball and silently sobbed until her grief overtook her vision and everything went black.