Chapter 35-Meeting again

I AM ALIIIVVVE!! It feels good to finally upload on this thing in like what-the first time in a MONTH?? I'm getting closer to finals, so that could be taken as "less time to work on chapters" and/or "closer to having all the time in the world to work on these chapters". And I'm gonna go with both tbh, so this is probably gonna be the only chapter in until the end of May 😭
I mean, not that I was updating very frequently before...👀😂

You woke up to the exact scene you'd left off in. The breaker room with all its cable-y and wire-y glory. You did notice it was a lot brighter inside with some proper lighting, and the cables weren't flashing anymore. They probably only did that on a power outage, or whatever happened there the previous night. Wait...the previous night.....FREDDY!

It was all rushing back; you didn't know how you hadn't remembered before!! In fact, part of you wished you hadn't remembered. You should've seen Freddy as a red flag when you were younger and bolted the first chance you got. Well, technically you tried, but Freddy didn't give you much of a choice.
You rushed out of Ballora's gallery. It was 10 am, the place should be up and running so the animatronics should be too. You head out the lobby and up the elevator.
Once you reach the main floor you walk down the hall. There are a few people talking in some of the passing rooms, but you ignore them. Not many people come for early mornings anyway, plus it was a weekday. Business wasn't exactly booming. Besides a few workers, the place was nearly empty. This was your first time seeing the main party room empty. In the corner, running a mop over some soapy water, was the guy from yesterday. He turned around once he noticed your approaching footsteps, but once he saw you, his eyes leapt open.
"Y/N!" He piped up. "Where were you?! I have the morning shift and when I checked the cameras, I didn't see you leave the building. Did something happen? Well, no duh, something happened-"
"I'm fine, trust me. I just had a hard fall, is all." You said, rubbing the back of your head. "Wait, you have the morning shift? And how do you know my name? I didn't even introduce myself yesterday."
"Name tag," he pointed at his pinned to his shirt saying "Mike". You facepalmed. "And yeah. I work day shift. That's also how I know you. I'm technically not supposed to be here, but I'm pretty clumsy, so I wipe up the mess." He gestured down where there was a puddle of spilled soda. "Don't get me mixed up with Jeff. The janitor. He's a nice guy, I don't want him picking up after me."
"Awww, sweet guy," you half tease.
"Oh, shut up," Mike rolled his eyes and pulled up his headphones. "You're free to go, y'know." You nod and head off to one of the party rooms. You didn't get a response from Mike, so you ignored him. Freddy must be in one of the rooms. There were four large party rooms, each having a different "theme". You didn't look too much into the details of each room-partially because the author is lazy and just wants to get on with this part-but one was themed red, one was blue, one was pink, and the last one was purple. You assumed the last was Freddy's party
room. It was empty, but there was a small stage up at the front of the room where he could perform, a few party tables on the side and a big space in the middle for play. There were alternating purple and blue stripes striking down the white wallpaper, and on one of the walls there was a poster of Funtime Freddy and the hand puppet.
"Y/N!!!" You heard someone screech from behind you. You couldn't turn around before being barreled into by a hulk of metal and planted on the ground. There was so much speech coming from the animatronic you could only make out some sped up gibberish. Freddy took his hands to your sides and lifted himself off of you, letting you stand up too.
You dusted yourself off and got a good close up look at him, for the first time since you've arrived here. Then it all came back. As in, ALL of it. The smiles, the laughs, the insane moments he had every now and then. Oh, yes. Those cringe moments. Curse this author, man. What were they thinking? Did they really not consider the fact that the reader was basically a minor?😒
Freddy seemed to read your mind and hugged you nice and tight again. "Y/N I MISSED YOU SO MUCH!! Well, for the first month or so I just couldn't stand it, but then things got better and I was able to adjust to things! I got Bon Bon and the gang back, too!!"
"Yeah, I saw..." you couldn't comprehend everything rushing through your head at once.
"Oh my goodness, I AM SO SORRY, TOO!! I WAS TALKING TO FOXY AND THEN WE REALIZED HOW MUCH OF A CREEP I WAS-I MEAN YOU WERE BARELY PAST 18!!! HOW COULD YOU PUT UP WITH ME?!! IS THIS WEIRD? THAT I'M HERE AND YOU'RE HERE? SHOULD I LEAVE?! YEAH I SHOULD PROBABLY LEA-"
"FREDDY! Freddy, really, it was mostly just cuddles and hugs and....stuff. I wasn't traumatized or something. It's not that much of a deal. We're still friends. Besides, haven't we addressed this before? It's coming back now! Teddy bear, remember?"
"I don't know...." he mumbled. "The details are a little fuzzy....
"Same here, bud," you said. You hugged him back with nearly the same energy as him. "But isn't this great?! I finally get to see you!! AND I get to work with you guys on the night shift and everything!"
"Yeah!" Freddy cackled, the familiar laugh ringing through your ears. A small high pitched voice cleared its throat. "Oh," Freddy perked up and turned around. Clinging to his back was the Bonnie hand puppet mentioned, Bon Bon. Clearly you hadn't actually processed the changes made to Freddy's design. He was a darker shade of purple in his highlights to contrast the clean white across his body. Apart from being overall more efficient and clean, Freddy's big change was that his right hand was missing again, leaving only a stub in its place. You assumed that was where the hand puppet was enabled to attach and detach itself.
"Hey, I'm still here! Hehehehe!" The puppet teased and giggled. Your brain screamed with "ASKSKSKSKSS SO CUTE".
"Oh, how rude of me! Y/N, this is my best friend Bon Bon. Bon Bon, this is my best friend, Y/N." Freddy said.
"Hiya, Y/N! So, you're taking the night shift?" He asked with the CUTEST SMILE YOUR BRAIN COULD NOT HANDLE THIS.
"Yeah! I think it'll be fun now with you two around more," you say. Bon Bon glanced at Freddy and giggled again.
"I bet we'll have lots of fun here!" He says, climbing over Freddy and clicking his bottom onto Freddy's stub. "So, how do you two know each other again?"
"My dad took him in from the scrapyard as a surprise for my mom. Then over time we became good friends! And NOW I get why my mom was so excited about your guys' restaurant! This place is AMAZING! And I'm an adult, so to say that for little kids is a lot." You chuckled.
"That's great to hear!" Bon Bon clapped his little paws together then leaned forward to speak into your ear. "But if Freddy did give you any trouble, I apologize." Freddy flicked the puppet's back of the head and Bon Bon groaned. "Oh, what? I know how you get sometimes!"
Freddy growled and turned back to you. "Hehe..um.... so, yeah! This is my place!" Freddy said gesturing around him. "We host birthday parties and puppet shows and play games and so much more!! Sometimes we have to move to the other part rooms for parties but we're mostly in here. Then you know where to find us on the night shift, right?"
"Actually, no," you correct the bear and give a weak smile. "That was only my first night here, after all. I didn't expect to see you guys in the Breaker Room." Freddy winced a bit and slid his hand to the back of his neck nervously. You thought to yourself for a moment, recalling Freddy's behavior from when you were with him. He was definitely still unhinged now, but not as much as before. You figured all the time around his friends and the kids again softened the guy up a bit. You wanted to know how things went once the two were reunited. And Bon Bon made him a bit more self aware. You'd have to thank that puppet later for putting up with Freddy all these years.
(Fun fact, right at the end of that paragraph reads 1515 words lol)
"Oh!" Freddy's chipper voice plucked you out of your imagination. "I'd better introduce you to the others!" He prodded, taking you hastily by the hand.
"Oh, u-uh, you don't have to!" You squirm. "And I've already met Foxy!" Yeah, I'd rather introduce myself to these guys alone...well, I guess it could be better with Freddy around if one of them was particularly...aggressive.
"Oh, no, no, no! Surely you know Baby, Ballora, and the others?" Freddy asked. Your silence was all he needed to keep going. You rolled your eyes with a small smile and followed Freddy into the hallway.