Chapter 28-Sick

I've been busy on night 6 of FNaF 2 and these three....these three....
Both of Y/N's parents sat at the foot of Y/N's bed. It was around noon that same day she started getting a fever. Funtime Freddy listened carefully from the basement.
"I don't know if we should go if you're sick," Y/D/N said. He turned to your mom. "Should one of us stay home? Or maybe both of us?" You were honestly nervous to have your parents around all of a sudden, you didn't want Funtime Freddy to do something drastic because of it.
"I can take care of Y/N," all three fold you turned to the doorway. Cody stood there with his arms crossed. "You guys are usually gone until 3, right? I can just make oatmeal for breakfast and something easy like a sandwich for lunch!" He said.
"I do appreciate the offer, Cody, but no. What if you two are in danger?" Y/M/N asked. We have a killer animatronic in the basement if that helps, your mind threatened to blurt out.
"We could have the neighbors watch out for them, kinda like when we were at the hospital." Your dad suggested.
Then something clicked.
"Oh! We could have Dorothy over!" You exclaimed. Your parents looked at each other. Y/D/N shrugged.
"I don't see why not." He said. "We trust Dorothy, don't we?"
"Yes, but that means we'd have to pick up the house first. I don't want this place looking like a pigsty." Your mom remarked with a playful grin.
You smiled.
"I can go pick up!" Cody piped up before rushing off to the living room.
"Wow, I guess he's got it then!" Your dad exclaimed. "Well! We'll call Dorothy's parents in a bit, okay? Get better, sweet pea!" Both of your parents walked out of your room waving.
You waved them goodbye and sat back in your bed, waiting for them to pull out of the driveway.
When was the last time we had Dorothy over? It seems like forever since I've seen her....
You heard Cody yelling from the halls.
"Hey, stop! That isn't cool, man! She needs rest!"
"Exactly! I'm just gonna help!!"
"Oh, boy..." you whispered under your breath.
Cody was sent flying past your doorway into your room. "Oh my gosh are you okay?!" He stuck a thumbs up.
"Oops! Sorry, Cody! I sometimes forget my own strength! Haha!!" Funtime Freddy peeked in through the door. "Y/N, you're still awake! Do you need anything? When is Dorothy coming? Do I have to keep an eye on you two?"
"No, I'm fine! We're just fine!"
"Wait, doesn't that mean Dorothy would get sick if she's close to you?"
"Well..she technically can't get sick. It's weird. She was born with a really strong immune system I guess." You shrugged. "Not once has her parents ever mentioned her getting sick, or have I ever SEEN her get sick."
"Interesting..." Freddy said, rubbing his chin curiously.
"Ahem!!" Cody cleared his throat. He was sitting on the floor rubbing his head vigorously. Freddy chuckled nervously. "Why don't we all back off for a second, and me and Freddy can go finish cleaning the house before Dorothy comes." The boy stood up, beckoning to Freddy. The bear shrugged and followed Cody.
They both walked out of your earshot before talking again.
"Okay, dude. I know how much you wanna spend time with Y/N, but you've gotta give her some space today."
"WHAT?!!" Cody flinched at the bear's outburst and held one finger to his mouth. Freddy lowered his voice. "But why not??"
"She's sick, so she needs time to herself to recover. And she can't have you gallivanting about in her room." He paused to see any reaction from Freddy. When he got none, Cody frowned. "See what I did there? I-I used fancy words to make myself sound smarter than I actually am."
Freddy shook his head.
"Okay, never mind. Come on, let's pick up." The boy said, dragging Freddy out of your room. The bear looked at you one last time before disappearing into the hall. You settled back into your cushions again and let your heavy eyelids droop down.
It was terrible already.
Your eyes were watery, your body ached, your throat felt dry. This was gonna be a rough time.
After a while you heard Freddy clunking down the hall, though the sound quieted once he got closer. You opened your eyes a crack and saw him standing alongside your bed.
"Um...Freddy? You need something?" You asked.
He snapped out of his thoughts and looked down. "No. I'm just worried about you, is all."
You smiled. "Well....sometimes you worry a little too much." Y/N chuckled, only to trigger a small coughing fit. Freddy's eyes widened. He wasn't surprised by any signs of illness, in fact, he knew all about them! It was just surprising to see that happening to you.
"Anyway..." he started. "Dorothy will be here in a couple minutes. Me and Cody just picked up the house real quick, so we are all set. Do you want anything for breakfast?"
You hummed and thought over it for a second. "Just toast is fine." You replied. Freddy smirked and stood up, one hand thrust up in the air. "Toast it is!" He proclaimed before blinding off to the kitchen. You winced at the loud noise his footsteps made and laughed when you heard Cody scolding Freddy to be more quiet.
Sometimes it seems like Cody's the parent and Freddy's the little kid. You chuckled a bit more to yourself before letting your thoughts wander for a bit while you waited. I wonder how long until my parents come back, or how often they'd come to check in with me. They might even have one of them stay home with me and Cody instead. But that wouldn't be as bad, right? It isn't bad to have a small break from Freddy.
Wait, do I really not enjoy his company? No, he can just be a bit grabby sometimes. Usually when he's around he tries making conversation or rambling on about his pizzeria. But sometimes he'll try something. Only sometimes.
You flinched when the loud doorbell chime rang through the house.
There was large thumping sounds and the creaking of metal. "I got it!" Cody bellowed. The creaking stopped and the door opened.
You could hear Dorothy from your room, but you couldn't make out what they were saying.
But then you heard Freddy's signature laughter and knew he couldn't have stayed hidden for long. You were scared that your parents would walk in on him sooner or later.
Your bedroom door was slammed open once again. "Aaaanndd here's Y/N!" Freddy announced.
Dorothy peeked in and waved. "Hello! Oh my gosh, are you okay?"
"Ha! Yeah, I'm fine. A little under the weather is all." You shrugged.
"Really? Cause no offense, but you look really bad right now." Dorothy winced and you looked down at your blanket. "But hey! I'm here, right? We're gonna get you all better! You just gotta rest, is all! I'm supposed to look after the house, but I can't come into your room. I assume Cody can though since you both live in the same house."
"What? No way am I getting that!" He pointed a finger at you. Y/N glared at him. "Freddy can go, robots can't get sick!"
"Yeah, you've got a point." Dorothy said before sending you a look you knew all too well.
"No. Dorothy no. I am NOT dealing with that. Not right now."
"Oh, come on!" She chuckled. "He's technically a giant teddy bear! You can rest with him in here. Heck, you should be able to fall asleep just fine with him there! I know I would if I had a giant bear on my bed!" Freddy was nodding on the side.
Y/N groaned. "First is breakfast. Then I give up. It's not like I can stop the guy anyway."
"Yayy!!" Dorothy and Freddy both cheered before the boys disappeared into the hall. Dorothy approached your bed and sat on the side.
"Okay, right now I don't really care if I get whatever you have right now. But just please relax so you can get better fast. I'm gonna be honest, I was gonna invite you over to my house for a sleepover this Friday if you were up to it."
"Oh, really? Wait, isn't today Wednesday?"
"I dunno, author's not keeping very good track." Dorothy snapped, looking up at the author who took over two weeks to write this one chapter.
The fourth wall is dead by now. This book killed it.
"Well, who knows? Maybe I will get better before then." You huffed.
"Hey, calm down. Just take your time. We could always do it another day." Dorothy shrugged. You both looked to the side in silence for a moment.
"Wait, aren't you supposed to stay away from me?" Y/N asked.
Dorothy's eyes widened. "Yes." And she slowly backed away out of your room.
It wasn't long before Freddy came practically skipping into your room with a plate. "Here ya go, cupcake!" He giggled, setting the plate down on your lap. There were two pieces of brown toast with butter and cinnamon sugar spread over it.
"Thanks, Fred. I guess I could eat this then get back to bed.." you raised up one of the slices and took a large bite out of one of the corners. You glanced up at Freddy, who was watching you intently. You shrugged it off and continued to chow down on your food.
Once you were done, you looked up again to see Freddy with the same look as before. You chuckled and shook a hand in front of his face to snap him out of his daydream. He blinked several times, making you laugh even more. Freddy looked at you with a new expression—he stared almost dreamily.
"I feel like I'm asking you this for the fifth time today, but are you okay, Fred?" You asked.
"Oh! Y-yeah, I'm fine!" He smiled cheerily.
You returned the smile and put the plate onto the side. Y/N rolled back onto her bed, pulled the blanket over her shoulders, and she let put a small yawn.
"D-do you want m-me to leave, Y/N?" Freddy stuttered.
"I'm fine with you here, but you don't have to stay if you don't want to," you replied. I doubt that'll ever be the case, you thought to yourself. The bear smiled again and sat at the edge of the other side of the bed.
He put one hand onto your forearm and ran it up and down a bit.
"Well, I'm not going anywhere, then."