Chapter 25

✾ R O W A N ✾

Another surprise for Holly. You may be wondering why is she deserving so many of these, well it's because I'm her boyfriend and I want to keep her happy. You know what they say, happy wife happy life. Even though Holly isn't my wife. Yet.

We talked about what we wanted to do in the future and she mentioned turning the bakery into a cafe. She's been waiting to do that but doesn't have the money to do so. So as a perfect boyfriend, I am willing to do that for her.

Holly is really special to me and whatever Holly wants Holly gets. That's probably a reason why she hasn't broken up with me yet but oh well.

So I hired an interior designer to help me transform the bakery into a cafe. And you're probably also wondering how will Holly not be able to visit the bakery? Well, it's simple. Not really.

We tell her that we've been seeing some bugs around her kitchen. Yeah, that'll for sure freak her out since her number one priority is her customers, it hurts just a bit. 

So we hire a fake exterminator to tell her that the bakery needs to be closed down for a while. And in the while, the guys, girls, and the interior designer will be helping transform the bakery into a cafe.

We'll switch off spending time with Holly so she doesn't get too suspicious about what we're up to. All I hope is that she likes it, no, loves it. 

I've decided that I wanted to stay here and help Holly with her future cafe once school is over and I am more than excited to do so. Currently, Charlotte and Oliver are spending some time with Holly. Quinn, Vincent, Connor, Andrew, and I are here on the first day with the interior designer, Nancy.

She's probably in her early fifties, late forties, and has a son around our age that goes to our school. Though, I don't think I've seen him around. "So what's the plan, Nancy?" I ask.

She lays out a little blueprint for what the bakery will soon look like. "We can get rid of this gigantic shelf over here and replace it with a bookshelf instead. The tables seemed spaced out so we're going to get a huge long table right here and we'll add dividers if needed," She begins to explain.

"So let's get the movers in and help move some stuff out," Vincent says.

The display case is going to be replaced with the coffee brewers and blending machines. It'll still be here except it'll be on the side where any customers can look at it without blocking the line. The kitchen will still say the same but we have changed them to marble designs, it looks fancier that way.

Holly can decide what she wants to do with the name of the place, though I think 'Evie's Sweets' works out just fine.

"Are we almost done up there?" I ask a technician as he sets up a chandelier in the middle of the room. He gives me a thumbs-up before climbing down the ladder. 

"All set," He says and I give him a $100 tip. "Thanks, man," He says and shakes my hand. This cafe is coming along great and it's just only day 1.

▿❦▿

Day 2

Everything is starting to come together. Yesterday we managed to cover half of the kitchen counter with marble and we'll finish it today. We got new tables in with dividers and set up some fake plants around the cafe to give it that homey vibe.

We ordered 2 more cash registers and added a tip jar since she didn't have one before. I also gave her her own little office and we built in a bathroom from the extra space in the kitchen. We had to knock down a wall so that the customers can use it too.