Chapter 5

"Rowan, can you reach this spot for me?" I ask. Today is day 2 of us painting the rest of the walls. We already completed 2 walls and we only have 3 more to go. 

"Sure," He says and makes his way over to me. He takes the roller from my hand and reaches the top of the corner to paint it. "Here," As he says this, the part of the roller that was dipped in paint splashes onto my tank top. 

I gasp. "Rowan!" I yell at him.

"Oops," He says cockily with a ghost of a smirk on his face. Oh yeah, two can play that game. I dip the roller back into the bucket of paint, making sure that it is dripping wet of the color, and begin to take it out. I make sure that the paint drips onto his shirt.

He turns to face me but I continue painting, trying to contain my smile. I didn't even notice that he dipped his finger in the paint as he pretended to brush some hair out of my face until Oliver started laughing.

"Oh yeah?" I dip my whole hand in the paint can and wipe it all over his shirt, trying to ignore the hard abs I feel.

"Great, you got paint on my shirt," Rowan says. And I think that may have been a bad idea because the next thing I know he is shirtless. "What's wrong?" He asks with a smirk played out on his face.

I flick some paint onto his chest and this time Vincent and Oliver do the same. All of a sudden we are now having a paint war. "This is going to be so hard to get out of my hair," I complain.

We're all laughing as we now have paint on our clothes, skin, and hair when my dad shows up. He looks confused until he started to laugh at all of us and tells us to clean it up right after.

▿❦▿

"A little to the left. Okay, now a little bit more to the right. And perfect," I call out as the guys finish placing the sign. We had finished with the bakery yesterday and now today would be opening day. I basically spent my whole day working on the bakery and I do not regret it for a second. 

The sign is perfectly placed in the middle and at night, it glows up in a pretty pink color. I decided to name the bakery 'Evie's Sweets'. Evie was my mom's name and I just wanted this bakery to be an honor of her.

Obviously, as we just finished with everything, the bakery is not quite opened yet. I need someone's help to make the pastries with me so my dad has put up a sign that says that I am hiring. I at least hope 1 person walks through that door and asks for a job.

"Thank you guys so much for all your help," I say to the guys. "Here, I baked these for you." I hand them each a mini basket of my mom's famous chocolate chip cookies.

"No problem," Oliver says as he takes a bite out of the cookie.

"Yeah, just let us know when you want us to be here for the weekends beforehand," Rowan says as he also takes a bit out of my cookie.

"Okay," I nod in response.

"Alright, I just put up the sign," My dad says as he walks in. 

"I should probably get changed first to make a good first impression if anyone were to show up," I say and rush out of the bakery and practically run to the building and up to my dorm room.

I quickly find the first cutest outfit I can put together in my closet. I find a cute daisy print shirt and paired those with a yellow jean skirt. 

I quickly braid my hair to the side and wore my laced booties. I grab my phone and purse before rushing down back to the bakery. The guys are still there but I noticed my dad has left. 

"That was quick," Vincent comments.

"Thank you, I try," I respond and stand behind the counter. I readjust my hair nicely and wipe off some of the dirt on the counter. Cookie crumbs. I scrunch my eyebrows together and glare at the guys. "Did one of you eat your cookies on my brand new counter?" I ask.