Chapter 6

The sound of the door closing causes me to wake up. I look around and find Charlotte exiting the bathroom, trying to be as quiet as possible. "What're you doing?" I ask, my voice is a bit scratchy from waking up.

She gasps and turns to face me. "Holly, did I wake you?" She asks. I shake my head so that she won't have to feel sorry about that. "I was changing in the bathroom if that's okay."

I sit up on my bed and rub my eyes. "That's fine," I say with a yawn. "What time is it?"

She goes to check her phone. "It's 9 in the morning," She says.

I get up from the bed and head to the bathroom to brush my hair and teeth. After that, I go to my closet to get changed for the day. The guys must already be in their classes. I decide to grab a white button-up long-sleeved blouse and pair those with a checkered pencil skirt. 

I let my wavy hair flow down and wore my ankle boots today. Once I finished I head back out to my room. "Hungry?" I ask. She nods her head and we make our way down to the kitchen to grab some breakfast.

"So, when are you going to open up the bakery?" Charlotte asks. We decided to eat at the student lounge today because the seats are much more comfortable.

"Soon. I just need to get some orders for our pastries in," I reply. "What are you planning on doing today?"

Charlotte shrugs her shoulders. "I don't know. I might head back home and clean around the house."

"Okay, just let me know when you plan on leaving." We continue eating our breakfast chatting about the bakery and what we should make for the customers. I take Charlotte on a little tour of the place after we have finished breakfast and the next thing I know students started to file back into the building. I check the time to see it's 2:15 pm.

"I should head back but I'll see you around," Charlotte says as she gathers her things. I walk her out the door and watch until she makes it safe to the other side of the road. 

As I turn around to head back inside, I come face to face with a chest. I look up to see Marcus there. "Hi Marcus," I say. He's still in his school uniform only without his jacket.

"Hey Holly," He says. I step around him to head up to my room but he grips my arm before I can go any further.

I furrow my eyebrows. "Yes?" I ask tugging on my arm to which he reluctantly lets go.

He clears his throat. "So, I was wondering if you wanted to hang out later. Like maybe we can go get dinner together or something?" He asks scratching the back of his neck.

"Like, a date?" I ask confused. I wouldn't mind if he asked me to go on a date with him. There is absolutely nothing wrong with Marcus it's just that I'm not really trying to find someone right now. All I am focusing on is the bakery at the moment.

"Yeah-I mean no. Just like a little hangout you know?"

I nod my head. "Sure, what time?"

"Around 7. I'll pick you up at your dorm," He says.

"Sounds good," I reply. I see a hint of relief in his eyes. I guess he was scared to get rejected, I think everyone is. I make my way back to my room. I have a couple more hours to spare. I pick up my book and continue my reading.

 ▿❦▿

A knock sounds at my door and I get up from my bed to open it. Marcus is there and he has changed into his casual clothes. "Hi," I say. I quickly grab my phone and purse before making my way outside.

We walk down the hallway and into the elevator. As we reach the student lounge I swear I feel eyes on me but I shrug it off. "I'll be back in an hour dad!" I yell out.