Chapter 8

I groan as the sun hits my eyes. Getting up from the bed I make my way towards my bathroom to brush my teeth and comb my hair out, then I make my way to the closet to pick out an outfit for today.

I decided to dress casually so I picked out a white spaghetti strap tank top with some grey comfy shorts.

I put my hair up into a messy bun and wore my white converses today before heading out to the door to get some breakfast. It is the weekend and so the guys are staying in today. It is also the day where I finally get to open my bakery. Charlotte has helped so much and I am really thankful for that. We ordered some cakes and loaves of bread. 

I make my way to the kitchen and grab my breakfast before heading to the cafeteria. I don't see Connor yet, he must probably be sleeping in. So I decided to sit with the guys instead.

I set my tray down next to Rowan. "Good morning guys," I say as I take a seat.

Today for breakfast, we have some scrambled eggs with a bit of seasoning, a small bowl of fruit salad, and pound cake with strawberries. 

"Morning Holly," Oliver says.

We make small chats as we eat our breakfast until someone sets their tray down right across from mine. We all turn our heads to see Marcus standing there. "Holly, can we talk?" He asks.

I look at the guys to see them already going back to eating their breakfast, except for Rowan who sits there glaring at Marcus. 

I nod my head and walk out to the student lounge. I sit down on the couch and gestured for him to speak. "Okay, I know what I said last night was not very ideal. I am sorry for freaking out about you going to the formal with Rowan," He starts.

I don't speak as I nod my head, waiting for him to continue.

"You have every right to go with whoever you want and so I want to apologize for taking my anger out on you," He finishes.

"Okay well if we're going to be friends then you can't act like that," I say. He nods his head. "I forgive you. Friends?" I ask opening my arms out for a hug.

"Friends," He says and I wrap my arms around his shoulders. 

I pat him on the back for him to let me go. "I'm hungry. I'm going back to eat breakfast wanna come?" I ask as I get up from the couch and start making my way to the cafeteria.

"Sure. But I'm not sure if your guys would like that," He says following me anyways. 

"You're food is already there. And if they say something mean I will kick them where the sun doesn't shine," I say giggling as we sit down with the guys. "Guys Marcus wants to eat with us," I say giving them all looks.

They don't say anything as they just nod their heads and continue eating their breakfast. This is totally not awkward at all, note the sarcasm.

▿❦▿

"No way, of course, I would love to," I wait for the person on the other side of the phone. "Okay, thank you so much," I end the call with a happy smile on my face. I just received a phone call saying that they would love for me to make a dessert stand at the upcoming carnival.

Ever since I had opened up the bakery earlier this week, customers had been coming in early in the morning and at sunset. Not that I'm complaining or anything. I guess news spreads fast in this small town in order for someone to want to hire me.

But how am I suppose to make and sell them by myself? I know, I'll ask Charlotte and maybe the guys to help me. Yeah, that could work. I just don't know if we can do it before Saturday arrives. Today is Thursday and so I'll only have today and part of tomorrow to start baking.