Chapter 3

"Here it is," I say as I push open the doors of the old bookstore. Wow, it definitely looks cleaner than it did yesterday. All the bookshelves are cleaned out and the books are put into a box. The lights look like they're fixed but now that everything is away, I can finally notice some graffiti on the walls and the ripped paint.

"This is it? Why does it look like this?" Rowan asks as he steps inside.

I turn around to face him. "It was an old bookstore. My dad hired you guys to help me fix it up," I state and turn to the rest of the guys. "We'll start today later once you guys are done with school. In the meantime, I'll go to the store and grab a few paint cans."

"Sounds good," Oliver says and Vincent nods his head.

"We have 10 minutes before classes start, let's go," Rowan says and we all follow him outside back to the campus. They head to the school while I head back to the dorm rooms.

As I walk inside, it feels so empty. I guess I was just used to seeing students roaming about in the hallways. I make it up to the elevator which comes faster, I guess that's the perk of being alone. Actually, never mind, it's not good to be alone.

I make it up to my dorm room and head to the closet so that I can get changed. Yep, I just walked around the school with three hot guys in my pajamas. I grab my change of clothes and head to the bathroom to get ready.

Today I am wearing a white long clear-sleeved crop top with a pair of light blue jeans. I put my hair in a half up half down and held the hair up still with a hair clip. Then I grabbed my sandals and my purse and head out the door.

I go down the elevator and reach the office where the front lady is there typing away on her computer. I knock on the window and she slides it open with a warm smile. "Yes, dear?" She asks me.

"I was looking for my dad," I say.

"Oh, well he's on the school campus but I can let him know what you wanted to tell him."

"Yeah, I was heading down to the store, could you tell him that I'm just getting a few painting supplies?" She nods her head and closes the window back up. I exit the building and start my walk down to the paint store.

I reach the little shop and enter it, the aroma of paint supplies fills my nose. I go straight to the colors to pick out which one I want. Hmm, my favorite color is rose gold but I'm not sure if that will fit with the bakery theme. I just grab a can of rosegold because why not and some paint rollers and head to the cashier to pay for my items.

▿❦▿

"So, there's gonna be a little kick off the summer fun party tonight. Everyone's gonna be there you should come," Connor says.

Their classes have ended a while ago and now here we are having an early dinner so that the staff can get the little party ready for the students. "I don't know," I'm not much of a party girl but I guess a little get-together wouldn't hurt.

"You can stay by me the whole time. I made some friends in classes that I can introduce you to," Connor says. With a defeated sigh, I nod my head. "Great, wear something pretty for the party," He adds.

"Don't I always dress nice?" I ask offended. I think my fashion sense is pretty darn good if I do say so myself.

"Well...." Connor trails off and I give him a glare. "Just wear a dress okay?" He asks. I nod my head and plop a french fry in my mouth. "I'm gonna get ready, see you tonight," He says and stands up to leave the cafeteria.

After I finish the last of my meal I head up to my room to find a dress I should wear tonight. Hmm, let's see. "This one could work," I say to myself. Actually, never mind. This dress is way too tight for my body and it's a bit short. My friend got it for my 18th birthday right before we left high school.