• Everybody Wants To Be A Hero

I woke up to the bright rays of the sun, my body aching with the need for more sleep. Pulling the sheet over my head to bury my head under the darkness I groan.
My alarm didn't go off. Again.

Within minutes I managed to leave the sleepy daze behind and get ready for work. And after a few more minutes of ignoring red lights and angry people, I made it to the Stark Tower almost on time.

As soon as the elevator doors open, the loud voices of a discussion and the command to make coffee greet me.
Oddly enough, I find my way around the kitchen faster today than on other days. Luck seems to be on my side for once.

Hurrying to the meeting room I let out a shaky breath.
"Where have you been Lillith?"
Tony arches a brow and I sigh.
"I'm so sorry, I overslept."
"Alright, leave the coffee."
Since it's not the first time that a meeting takes place so early in the morning, I know how Tony can be.
His ritual is drinking his cup of coffee with a few pills against his blooming headache.

"Can I do anything else for you, Mr. Stark?"
"Just do the things you do every day."
I grit my teeth, he can be a real asshole when he wakes up that early.
"On my way."

Heading to the lowest level of the tower Thor has already left to take a break leaving me alone with Loki.
But to be honest, babysitting Loki is the best part of my job.

"What are you reading?"
"A book about the history of America."
I watch him creep closer to the glass that separates us.
"Tell me Lillith, how are your abilities? Do they know?" I tense.
"Stop this."
From the day we met he knew, I don't know how or why he's invested in them. Maybe he read my mind like I tried to read his but with that knowledge, he also knows that I don't like to talk about them.

"Are you allowed to come to the party tonight? I still need someone to accompany me."
A smile ghosts on my lips when I put my hand on the cold glass.
"I would be very happy to accompany you." His hand joins mine.
"It's settled then."

After explaining the last details of the party to the organizer, I'm happy to be able to call it a day if Tony doesn't has anything else planned for me.

The Avengers now sitting in the living room they watch me as I pour myself a glass of water.

"Do you have a date for the party yet?"
Tony comes up behind me, placing a hand on my back.
"Yes, I do actually."
"Who?"
Captain America asks, eavesdropping on our conversation.
"If Loki is allowed to come to the party tonight I invited him to be my date." Tony chokes out a laugh.
"Anyway, you are free to go now and please be on time tonight."

⊹⊶ ⊷⊹

I hope you liked the first chapter. (: English is not my first language so feel free to tell me if I made any spelling mistakes. Please be kind.

(Updated the story in 2023/2024)