Running from The Past: part 5

simonej23
Ayesha pov.
After I drove home I sat on my bed for a while. I just sat there thinking, how could Steph say that? I mean sure saying yes to Jim is risky but jesus he didn't need to rip into me like that. Soph came round to get ready. I told her everything and she was just as angry as I was. Except I was more-so hurt than angry. Like, being called basic and thirsty is one thing on its own but being called that by someone you care about and you respect is another.
Stephen blew up my phone. He called me about 18 times and texted me like 30 times. And I ignored each and every one.
It started to annoy me so I blocked him. On.
Everything.
Taking my mind off Stephen I began to get dressed up. I wore a long silk black dress. It was slim fitting with a slit up the leg. The top had a deep plunge going past my cleavage, being held up with thin but strong straps.The plunge ended just under my breasts so I wore a strapless bra. I wore some black stilettos and some gold jewellery. I let my hair down and it was lightly curled. My makeup was simple. I couldn't do makeup for shit so of course my girl stepped in. I had a smokey eye and some dark lipstick. Once I was ready I texted Jim to tell him I'd meet him there. He left me on read which should've been the first red flag but I ignored it. He probably just saw it and didn't see the need to reassure me.
"Has he replied?" Soph asked.
"No. But it's fine. I'll meet him there." I look away from my phone.
"But you wish it was Stephen who was meeting you there." She sighs.
"No I don't. He can go fuck Veronica for all I care." I roll my eyes. That's when I first stopped talking to him regularly. When he said no to taking Mandy because of Veronica. She's might be a nice person but I hate her with everything I have. Almost as much as I hate Stephen right now.
"It's ok to be hurt you know. He said some fucked up stuff." She goes over to me.
"I'm ok. I'm fine. I'm- Late!" I look up to the clock. We both jump up and make our way to Soph's car. The car ride was mostly silent. She'd tried to talk about Steph and I'd shut her down. I didn't wanna think about him.
Hmm that's working well isn't it.
"Hey. If it makes you feel better. Klay said he didn't mean what he said." She pulls into the school car park.
"It doesn't." I take my seat belt off. She huffs and turns the car off. I grab my clutch and we enter school. Not too shabby. We walk in deeper, to the main hall. It was decorated in a dark sort of theme. But with a childish sense to it. It was.
Comfortable.
That sense of comfort ended when I saw Stephen walk in with Veronica on his arm. He locks eyes with me and looks me up and down. His jaw slightly drops. I immediately turn away towards an empty table.
"Hey Ayesha?" Klay approaches me.
"Yeah"
"You know Stephen was just trying to prove something. He said all the wrong things." He defends.
"I don't care. He shouldn't have said shit." I look over to Soph who had her arms crossed the same as me looking at him with a 'don't even try' look. That's my girl.
"But Ayesha he-
"No! I don't care." I turn by body away from him tucking my legs under the table. He sighs.
"Can I at least have a dance?" He asks Sophie. Her once stern look turned into a surprised one real quick. I laughed at her expression.
"It's ok. Go have fun." I push her shoulder playfully. He smiles and takes Klay's hand. Cuties.
5 minutes passed. No text. 10 minutes passed. No show. 15 minutes passed. Nada.
"Yo. Ayesha." Dray comes up to me. I raise my head to look at him.
"What's wrong?" I ask.
"Your gonna wanna See this." He passes me his phone.
It was Jim's Instagram. Huh he never told me his insta. I asked him he said he didn't have one. It was a pic of him holding a beer bottle with the caption.
-Fuck homecoming. Alcohol with the boys beats all that shit.

Oops Sorry Ayesha 😂 😂

Ouch. In all honesty it wasn't this that bothered me. It was the comments, all of them were saying I was a whore and I was desperate. Exactly like Stephen said. I shove his phone back at him. He starts to say something but I raise my hand halting him.
"I'm fine." I put my head in my hands hearing his footsteps retreat.

Stephen pov.

I was currently dancing with Veronica. Well dancing was a bit of a stretch. More swaying with a drink in my hand. Horrible, awful, disgusting. All the things I felt. The look in Ayesha's eyes is a look I will never forget. And when she said the things about me not caring about her all them years ago hurt the most. I know I had no right to be hurt.
"So you ready to make this official?" Veronica asks. What?
"Um actually- Ayesha?" I notice her sitting at a table head in her hands.
"What?"
"Nothing. I gotta go." I walk to her but Veronica grabs at my wrist.
"Your leaving me?"
"No. Well yes." I look between her and Ayesha. Oh come on Stephen you know there absolutely no debate here. I look ahead of me and see Sophie miming. 'Go. You know you want to' all the while lached onto klay. I look at Veronica.
"Sorry" I detach myself from her and approach Ayesha.
"Hey." I say softly. She looks up her cheeks tear stained and eyes still watery. She opens her mouth to speak but gets choked up. This isn't down to me is it?
"What's wrong?" I set by her.
"Ch-check Jim's Instagram." She says between cry's. She wasn't sobbing but you can tell she was trying hard not to break down fully.
I open my phone and go to his insta. I scroll through his multiple beer photos and see one specific one. Well the specific part was in the caption. That mother fucking bastard. The comments are worse. They were calling her basic and all sorts.
"Sound familiar Stephen?" He wipes her eyes still crying.
"Ayesha listen." I start.
"I'm tired of being told to listen. You said those things. No going back." She lets out a breath.
"I'm going." She gets up and walks to the exit quickly.
"Wait!" I go after her. I hear murmurs behind me from the far to nosey people but I ignore them. I follow Ayesha into a classroom.
And that's when she breaks down.
"Tell me you told them about what you did to me." She says in a worryingly low tone.
"No I didn't but-
"So you had the audacity to say I was desperate to have sex with a boy I've known for less than a week but your fine with them not knowing what you did to me? Wow." She scoffs.
"It wasn't like that!" I reassure her. She rolls her glassy eyes.
"Well What was it like!?"
"They were saying I had feelings for you. I was just trying to convince them that I wouldn't interfere with you and Jim." I say. But it came out all wrong.
"Your telling me you were being teased so you thought you'd drag me under the bus!"
"No. Your not listening!"
"I'm tired of being told to listen. You know what. Why doesn't everyone find out what you did. Then you can say whatever you want." She walks to the door.
"Ayesha. You have to believe me. How could I say those things." I go to her.
"The Same way you left me in That alley way. If my parents didn't find me I'd have been dead, you know that?"  I furrow my eyebrows. She sighs.
"It wasn't just a couple of bruises and bones. Your father-
"Don't call him that." I interrupted.
"The man. He kicked me. Right in the stomach. I had internal bleeding that wasn't discovered till a week later, I had a surgery and thank the lord it went ok." She explains quietly.
"Why didn't you tell me?" I question. She laughs but there's no humour in it.
"Because I didn't want you to hate yourself. Can you believe that? I barely knew you when you first explained it and silly me thought you know what. He seems genuine, Why should I make him feel bad. But then you go and do this. Honestly I don't care if you didn't mean it. You don't just come up with that stuff." She turns the door knob. I quickly put my hand on top of hers and shut it. She turns around.
"You can't just-" she stops once she realises how close we were. Our faces were barely centimetres away.
"You said some horrible stuff Steph. Just cos you didn't want them to think you liked me?" She says softly. It was like she was exhausted.
"Yes but-"
"No buts. No going back." She sighs.
"Ayesha-
"Don't worry I won't tell anyone." She scoffs.
"This isn't about that." I say louder.
"This is what it's always been about!-" I cut her off by putting my hand on her lower back. She looks at me confused.

I then connect my lips to her's...

Hello! Long time no see.
How y'all doing?

Vote & comment.

See ya 😘