Chapter Twenty Eight Jordan

Start from the beginning

"Is this all about starting a family. You have to remember that I have a thirteen-year-old and a nearly twenty-one-year-old".

" But I have none".

"So do you want kids?".

" Not now".

"Well, then we are okay".

She starts picking at some bacon. " Maybe not now but in the future. I want to know if we marry then there could be a chance of starting our own family together down the road".

"I have been there, got the tee-shirt etc".

" But have you ever thought that maybe I would like to be a mom one day?".

Now it's my turn to poke around my food. She looked at me funny. "What?" I asked.

"That looks gross".

" Here, do try some?". I put ketchup covered scrambled egg on my fork and offered it to her.

"No thanks".

" Oh go on". I again bring the fork towards her.

I am happy with mine thanks". I took my opportunity when she opened her mouth. "Hummmmphshppp".

" Good isn't it?".

Suddenly we have forgotten that we were having a heated discussion about the future. And we are back playing around.

"No it isn't. Let me eat mine".

" Oh but you're missing out".

"Not really". She watches me shovel food into my mouth. " Hungry are we?".

"Yes. Have been burning a lot of calories this weekend". I raise a brow.

" Are you in some sort of hurry?".

"Yeah and no. Just hungry but then we have more time to spend together doing you know what" I wink at her "And no because it would end quickly and then we will be going our separate ways tomorrow". Then I  shovel a few more mouthfuls. " Plus you left me hanging when you left our bed".

"Huh".

" Like the last morning of the cruise".

"This again".

"Yep of course. It's mean to leave me hanging".

" You have a hand".

"But it's not the same". I carried on eating. " You still thinking about the answer to my question yesterday".

"Yeah, only cos you haven't replied to mine".

"One, you move to Boston like you said it's easier for me with the band. However, we could buy somewhere in England and stay there too. Two, it never crossed my mind as I have a teenage son and an adult son. But it ever materialised then I would consider having another. But I'm not getting any younger. Look Danny was my age when he became a grandparent". Dante is in a serious relationship for his age anything can happen.

" So you want to be a grandparent more than a father again. Is that it?". Felicity gets up to go.

"Where are you going?".

" Going to get dress and take a walk. There's a lot I need to think about. And I think you should do the same".

"Stay and we can talk like adults. Please". By this time I had gotten up too. Now I grabbed her arm to stop her from going. " Please".

"I need time to think".

" Please don't go". I pull her into me. "We can work out together. Don't run".