Chapter Seventeen

Since you walked into my life

Going home

" I guess this is goodbye for now. I will come over soon. You can count on that" he says "I could do the whole Casablanca routine".
" Please don't".
"Nah I don't remember it anyway. Joe would know it".
He pulls me into him and kisses me fully on the lips. One passionate kiss that neither of us would remember. Both of us breathing fast when the kiss breaks. I walk off towards customs and my plane to go home. I turn to face him as I start to go through. He smiles and waves. Then he blows a kiss before he turns around to leave. I can't see if he is crying as he has shades on. I know I am. Then he is gone...

I found my friends on the other side of customs. They all looked at me and I get group hugged. We slowly walk to our gate, ready to get on that plane to go home. Every now and then I get glances from my friends. There were several other girls at the gate to as we get there. And now I am getting glares.

" Don't let them win".

"Yeah, I know".

I look over at the girls nearby all on their phones. I know what they are up too. I sigh and look away. There was our plane waiting at the gate for us. My phone beeps.

J: Are you on the plane yet?

Me: Nope got plenty of time

That's when my phone rang.

" Hello".

Hello babe. I miss you.

"I miss you. Where are you now?".

Back at the hotel waiting for my flight tomorrow. Missing you already.

" Me too" I smile.

I put a present in your bag. I took my bag from the floor and opened it up. There was a plastic bag in there. While he was talking to me, I took out the bag and opened it.

"But I got a phone".

We can talk without you paying for any of the calls as I will.

" Thank you".

It's all set up and ready.

"When did you get it?".

Between getting off the boat and meeting you at Starbucks. I had an hour to kill while waiting.

Now the girls were looking over now.

Right, take the phone out of the box. And when you do hang up on this one.

"OK".

I do as he says. And in no time the other phone rings. Video call. Oh, he wants to facetime.

" Hello again"

" Hello again".

Why are you crying?

"Holiday blues".