5

TW's:
-(Mentions) homophobia (basically the whole chapter)

Clay's POV

I went home after my first therapy session and saw my parents sitting on the couch with a cup of coffee and a cup of tea. I didn't look at them and was planning on walking away as my dad stood up and looked at me.

'Can you come here, Clay?'

I had to resist the urge to swear at him and turned around with a smile on my face. 'What?'

'How did the therapy go?'

'Yeah, I realised that I'm sick now. It's not fixed yet, but I think we will be getting there. He said that I need to bring my phone next time for new appointments and maybe some exercises.'

'Okay, if he says that, it might be the best to do.'

My dad walked to a random box and opened it, giving me my phone back. I nodded slowly and turned around to run to my room. This time I locked the door behind me and put an extra chair in front of it to make sure they wouldn't suddenly come in.

I opened my phone, noticing my parents had deleted all my apps and chats with people, but Sapnap's. I rolled my eyes and sighed loudly, I wanted to run down to scream at my parents. I figured that it was better for me to not download any app again, so I just stared at the empty screen in front of me.

I put my phone away again and opened my drawer to grab my gay flag. I unfolded the flag and held it against my chest as I felt my eyes fill up with tears. I just wanted to be happy, all I wanted was to be together with a boy.

But then I heard someone trying to open my door. I immediately put my flag back in my drawer and grabbed my phone to open the first random YouTube video I saw. I stood up to unlock the door and looked at my mum standing there with a sad look in her eyes.

'What?'

'Are you okay, sweetie? I know it's hard to be sick and to realise that you are, but you know that we are always here for you, right?'

I had to squeeze my hands very tightly so I wouldn't hit her and swear at her. I smiled instead.

'Thanks for caring, but I'm okay. I won't be sick forever.'

'I'm so sorry that you're sick, honey. I wish I could have helped you.'

I started shaking because of the anger inside of me and had to sit down on my bed to keep myself from punching her. I didn't answer her and grabbed my phone to watch the random video again. She understood that I wanted her to leave and I immediately locked the door again, screaming in my pillow as I hit my hand on the bed.

I genuinely hated her, I actually hated her so much that I wanted to hurt her. I knew that was wrong of me, but I actually wanted to.

I didn't go downstairs for dinner that day, I acted like I was asleep so I wouldn't see my parents anymore. I was getting closer to hurting them each second and each comment they made, so it was best for me to scream into my pillow as I hit the bed.

When I was sure my parents went to bed, I started googling gay couples and boys again, scrolling through all the pictures with a smile on my face. I immediately deleted my google history after, visiting some random sites so it wouldn't seem weird that I had nothing left in my history.

I didn't have the courage to text Sapnap about this, if my parents figured out that he knew that I was gay, he would never be able to come over ever again.

I ended up staring at my ceiling for the whole night and stood up with a pale face and bloodshot eyes because of how tired I was. I went to the bathroom to take a short shower and left to go downstairs after brushing my teeth.

I made myself some breakfast, but didn't sit down at the table to eat with my parents. They looked at me as they were already sitting there. 'Are you going to sit down?'

'No, I have an important question for my teacher and he told me to come to school earlier.'

My dad nodded slowly and wanted to say something, but I was sick of it.

'So I'm going now,' I said as I took a bite of the slice of bread I was holding. I went to the door with my bag and immediately closed it behind me without saying goodbye to them.

I finally dared to call Sapnap and he immediately took the call with a sleepy voice.

'Dude, you're early.'

'I escaped the house before I would hurt my parents. I genuinely hate them.'

'What happened?' I heard Sapnap sit up and yawn.

'They are trying to convince me that I'm sick, they act like they are so sorry for me and they are trying to help me since I can tell them everything. I genuinely just want to hurt them, I literally haven't slept for a single second last night and I'm ready to beat them up.'

'Okay, calm down. I'm sorry, I'm still really tired. I might not give the best advice now, but go to the park and we'll meet up there. I'm going to take a quick shower to wake up a bit more.'

'Sorry for waking you up, I'm just so sick of it all at this moment.'

'I get that, I'm going to the park once I'm done. Make sure to calm down a little and don't do things you might regret. I understand that you want to hurt your parents, but don't do anything, okay?'

'I won't, but they are making me so mad and depressed. My therapist said it himself, LGBTQ+ youth who don't get accepted often have depression. I can understand that so well now.'

'I'm here for you, I will always be on your side.'

I smiled and he hung up after I told him I appreciated him a lot. Luckily I had someone.

1047 words