8

Khanna's house

Khanna made arrangements for lunch and inform shivay about the same.

Shivay doesn't have the heart to disturb his kitten who was too busy enjoying with her kitten friends forgetting about the surrounding but he has to as it's already past lunchtime.

Shivay: Bud let's go it's lunchtime.
Anika :  ( with say face) Do we have to leave now?? Can't I play more?? Suddenly a smile broke on her face. I have an idea you give me a map directing the way to an orphanage then you can leave and when it's close to dawn I will also leave pretty please. She suggests a  cute pout.
Shivay: First of all stop overthinking and give break to your small brain. Secondly, it's past lunchtime so now you are going to come with me to have food. And about your playing, you can come back as lunch has been arranged inside the house only. Saying this he holds her hand and moves towards the house.

Once he reaches the dining table he makes her seat then he also takes his place beside her and Khanna started to serve them he plated mixed vegetables with roti accompanied by dal and rice. Anika was making faces and moving her eyes here and there all over expect food seeing this shivay ask her to eat with confusion. Animal saw here and there and when she ensured that Khanna is nowhere near she softly tug his sleeve and speak in a mere whisper.
Anika : ( sadly) I am not hungry so you have yours then we will go and play with my friends.
Shivay: ( sternly) I can hear a weird sound from your stomach. I also know that you haven't eaten anything for breakfast and now it's already mid-afternoon so now give rest to your tongue and make your teeth chew.
Anika: ( with hesitation) Bear I don't have enough money to pay so please let me go so that I can play with my friends. She told with a bowhead.

Anger rises into shivay that how could she think so low of him like he will demand money for food but then he remember about Mishra's word how she is paying for her staying and food and if she fails to do so then no food and remember yesternight's incident. Somehow he calms himself down

Shivay: Rose it's for you only and you don't have to think about anything just enjoy your food. He explains to her softly. Till then Khanna comeback with buttermilk so Shivaay just signal her through their eyes to eat without any tension and she happily obliged.

Once they were done with lunch she helped Khanna to clean the table shivay try to stop her but she said that "We should put our plate in the sink not to let others do this work" so Shivaay also helped them much to Khanna's belief. Anika even wants to wash vessels but Khanna informed about maid timing so she will take care of this in the evening.

Anika again gets busy with her stuff while shivay sat a bit far from where he can keep a watchful eye and scrolling down to important mail.

After some time he got a call from Mishra.

Shivay: Yes Mishra
Mishra: Sir just now I receive an application to adopt Anika. Before he could say anything else shivay shoots many questions like how is that idiot and how could someone want to adopt a 17-year-old.
Shivay: ( in dangerously cold voice). Are you going to say that stupid's name or do you want to lose your job
Mishra: mummers "as like you are letting me speak". Shivay again shouts "speak loudly so that I can hear your". "Sir it's from Jim and John the bakers from Mom's cafe.
Shivay: Reject the application.
Mishra: S...i.....r we can't do that as she is a minor and twins also don't have any bad background there are also somewhat financially stable. He Cut him in-between " Really are they have more financial stability than me. No ?? Right then we can deny them. To which Mishra try to explain to him "Sir it's you who is stable financially but the orphanage does not have any security and it's ruled that if a person is earning good enough with a family with no past criminal records and drinking and smoking habits then they can adopt kid". He succeeded in explaining his thick-headed boss.
Shivay: what if two people want to adopt the same kid at a time??
Mishra: Then the person with more eligibility get the privilege to take the kid.  But the kid also has a say in this with whom he/she wants to go.
Shivay: Okay do one thing prepare an application under my name to adopt Anika. And send me its copy.
Mishra: I will do that sir just give me half an hour.