Chapter Six

*Nicole's POV*

This week I avoid my friends FaceTime saying I was in the bathroom or have a headache. It's the 3rd lie. How many lies can you tell until you break.

Matt is being attentive and sweet. Maybe he didn't mean it. It's gotta be stressful for him at work. There was no more random txts or calls. So it must have been the wrong number or a horrible prank. If only they knew how he would react to me seeing such a horrible txt.
Something is bothering me though. Something about what Laura said a girl from the office flirting with someone and not flirting back with Jack. Who was it though?
By day 4 my eye is almost back to normal. A little makeup and voila I look normal.

Finally it's Saturday. I know this cause I hear the lawnmower. It reminds me of my teen years. I get up while Matt stays in bed. I go and begin breakfast. Matt's blazer is on the chair so I decide to put it away.
When I lift it up something falls out the pocket. A folded paper. No, it's nothing I think. But when I pick it up it's not paper it's a photo. A brunette sitting on his lap. I'm staring at it in disbelief. Her long hair flowing over her shoulder and her lips to his cheek. I feel the pulse in my body beating faster. I've seen this girl before. The bathroom. She calls him Matty. The urge to vomit floods me. I rush to the bathroom holding the picture.
This was not how it was suppose to be. After a few moments I wash my face and walk out. Matt is sitting at the counter talking to the kids. Disappointing them with talk of having to go into the office. Convenient now as I am seeing it. I never questioned his late nights or long weekend days at work. I assumed he was studying or neck deep in a case. I didn't think he was neck deep fuxking around. I put the picture in my pocket and put on a fake smile I've rekindled from my youth.

Fake it till you make it.