When I take my seat he pushes in my chair and moves to walk back to his own seat.

When he sits down, I begin to shake my head at him wordlessly and he lets out a laugh at the blank expression on my face, "What'd I do now?"

"You're always doing something. What was with the flowers?" I ask getting straight to the point.

"Damn." Here we go. "No Hi. No Thank you or anything You just went right to the chase huh." he says resting his arm on the table placing his hand into his palm looking at me innocently, "You know I'd like to think this is me rubbing off on you. Look at you getting all blunt with me. That shit is adorable."

I bit my lip and lean back into my seat amazed at how he can turn anything into a moment to joke around nowadays, "I know you didn't do all that yourself."

"No. You're right. I had help. Special help and I won't tell you who they ar--"

"It was Leslie wasn't it," I say and he jerks his head back

"Don't tell me she's another Paola that isn't good at hiding secrets I was really beginning to like that one," he says and I chuckle quietly at that,

"She didn't tell me anything. You don't have to worry about her." and he nods at this.

"So I bet you're wondering why I asked you to come ton---" Is he serious?

"You didn't ask me? You threatened me saying if I didn't show up on time you'd go looking for me."

"Ugh Karma you're a journalist you shouldn't take things too literally it's all about figurative language. I didn't threaten you, I just politely warned you of what was to come if you chose to not hang out with me tonight. And now you'll never know because you were a good girl and listened to me."

"You sent a driver to my house."

"Yes, but you didn't have to open the door. Let me praise you Karma, damn." I snicker quietly and decide to back off of the flower subject accepting my...praise anyway.

"Anyways, I'm just going to get right to the point. I think I deserve to have a proper chance with you. I don't know why you're still pushing me away, Karma." and this causes me to sigh and clasp my hands together on the table.

"I understood why we took a break. You know, because I was literally in jail, but if I knew you were going to want absolutely nothing to do with me afterward I would've fought harder for you. If you're still afraid of us having a future or anything together, I want you to know that we can. Anything you want you can have with me."

"Not if you're still going to continue with what you do. You said it yourself when we first started talking that you had a hard childhood. You barely knew your parents. You barely knew your father when you were a kid because he was always in and out. Say if we were to have a kid, a son to be specific, would you not try to bring him up the same way you were. With guns and all kinds of violence from a young age?" I ask

"No. I wouldn't. Because I'm willing to end it all for you." he says and I raise an eyebrow silently telling him to continue

"We were separated for five years because I made a mistake that really wasn't a mistake but I wish that I had gone about it smarter than I thought I did. I heard Maddow and Joseph talk about wanting to kill me. It happened the night of that math thing you volunteered at." he says, "I left you to get some air and I overheard them talk about killing me, and then Joseph started talking about how my dad fucked him over by literally fucking his wife with Gio being the product of the infidelity. There are so many details but it's been a while so I kind of forgot most of it  but I know they planned on killing you after deciding that Joseph would spare my life." Well, that last part is news to me...