Chapter 23

Timmy's POV:

1 year later:

I sit with the love of my life on a checkered blanket in the middle of a field. The sun is shining and it's making her green eyes look more beautiful than ever. There's a slight wind that makes her dark hair sway back and forth from time to time. It's the perfect day for a picnic, with the most perfect girl in the world.

I look up at the big blue sky and two birds catch my attention. They are flying next to each other, wings nearly touching. I decide to name them David and Jason because I just get those vibes. 

I feel happy. So beyond happy. And I feel so beyond lucky that Sienna is mine, as I am hers. I would've considered this to be the best day ever. Who knew that just one phone call could change that?

"Hello?" I ask into the phone when I pick it up.

I'm smiling as my mom talks to me because Sienna is just being her incredible self. It's impossible for me not to be smiling around this girl.

I suddenly notice my mom's serious tone. This causes my smile to fade ever so slightly.

"Mom? What's wrong?"

"It's about your brother, sweetie?"

"What about him?" I ask, now sounding just as serious as her.

John is not only my brother, but my best friend, as well. He's a few years younger than me, so I've always felt protective over him. I don't know what I would do without him. There is no one I love more than him, not even Sienna.

"I need you to listen to everything I'm about to say. Can you do that for me, Timothy?" she asks, and she doesn't wait for an answer before continuing.

"John was in an accident. He's gonna live, but he has amnesia. He doesn't remember any of us. I-"

She continues to talk, but I can't hear anything. I can't move. I can't breathe. I can't feel Sienna's hand on mine that she placed there after noticing the sudden change in my expression.

John, my best friend in the entire world, doesn't remember me? The more I think about it, the more I begin to panic. I try to find some good in this situation: he has amnesia, it's not like he's dying. But that doesn't help. Not at all.

When I tell Sienna the news, she pulls me into a hug, and that's enough. That's enough to comfort me, and that's enough to make the reality of all of this disappear for now.