Chapter 14

Timmy's POV:

I guarantee that Sienna is just sleeping at her house, so I don't understand why I feel compelled to search for her. I'm currently in my car, looking left and right as I get closer to the mental institution.

I realize I'm about five minutes away when I think I see something a few hundred feet in front of me. It's currently very dark out, but I'd have to be nearly blind to miss what appears to be a car flipped over in the middle of the street. I decide to check it out before continuing to search for Sienna.

I stop my car on the side of the road and quickly exit. I walk closer towards the flipped-over car, until my body stills. I stand there, frozen, waiting for myself to process what I am currently seeing. I stand fifty meters away, but I could clearly see Sienna's limp body trapped underneath that car.

After practically forcing myself to snap out of whatever state of shock I was in, I sprint over to where Sienna is, hoping, praying that she is alive. I finally make it to her location, and I quickly realize she's barely breathing.

I immediately reach into my pocket to grab my phone with the intention of calling 911. I don't even get the chance to dial the first number as I cannot stop myself from shaking. I accidentally drop my phone and try to control my breathing. I'm outside, yet it feels like the world is caving in on me. I don't know why I'm reacting like this. I hate Sienna. I hate her. I'm sure of it. So, why do I feel so heartbroken while seeing her like this?

It feels like ages pass before I see Maddie approaching me and Sienna. I didn't even notice all of the missed texts and calls from Maddie asking if I had found Sienna.

I'm still trying to stop myself from shaking when Maddie slaps me across the face.

"Why the fuck haven't you called the cops, dipshit?!"

I don't respond, and she slaps me again before dialling 911 herself.

"Hello? Yes, I have an emergency. On Lawson Drive. Yes. I think so. Ok, thank you."

Maddie hangs up and then turns to me.

"I know you hate her but not calling 911 when she's clearly dying? That's low, Timmy. Even for you."

"No, you don't get it. I-"

"I don't want to hear it. Just leave before I do something worse than slap you. I don't even know why I asked for your help in the first place."

Maddie runs her hands through her hair as I start walking back to my car. I figured that it would be better for me to check in with Maddie later rather than now when she's pissed at me.

I wait in my car until I see the ambulance approaching and the paramedics taking Sienna away.

As I drive home, the possibility of Sienna actually dying crosses my mind. She won't die. She can't die. If she dies, it means that I would win whatever rivalry we had going on, and she knows it. She's way too stubborn and competitive to let that happen.

When I finally arrive home, all I want to do is sleep. Sleep for hours and just forget. Forget about the car wreck, forget about the sound of ambulance sirens as I was driving home, and forget about Sienna. But that's just it. That's the sole reason as to why I can't fall asleep. Sienna.