[☀️] As the sun rises

Începe de la început

"EVERYONE SHUT UP!!"

Everyone went silent and looked to be. I clear my throat. "Thank you."

"Now as word may have spread out, yes we have been spotted by humans and the authorities are on their way to us this very moment."

Murmurs and whispers of worry colored the waves of sound.

"BUT!. . ." I raise my voice again regaining their attention. "There is nothing to be worried about. As your newly appointed ambassador, I will do everything I can to make sure you are all welcomed and treated with the respect you deserve."

"When the authorities come, I ask of you to remain calm and while this may sound a little cheesy. Put a smile on your faces, wave to them, be friendly. . . But . . . Whatever you do. Don't lose your gaurd. We must stand strong and continue to stand strong. Or else will never reach our dream." I'm start to cringe at the words that leave my mouth. I'll just roll with it I guess.

"So, will you trust me? Can we work together all as a team? Can you all forgive the apologies you receive? Acknowledge the differences we all have and still embrace and love eachother? And speaking of apologies, while I can not speak for the my ancestors or all of humanity. I wish to apologize. Because. . . well . . . I am a human. . ." I took a quick glance to my right. Sans and everyone else looked at me perplexed.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry for sealing you all into the underground, stealing the lives of your loved ones in the evil act that is war. I'm sorry for robbing the chances of you seeing the sun until now. . . I'm sorry for being afraid of you. . ." I tug the back go my shirt. "I'm sorry for all the bad things I thought you were. I did not understand. . . But I do now. . ."

It was awfully silent. Those last few sentences came in last minute. I didn't realize until now the small prejudices I used to have on monsters.

"Apology accepted." A gruff and soothing voice said. It was Asgore. Toriel soon repeated the words he said. "Apology accepted." The rest of the group said the same thing and soon the entirety of the underground joined in.

It was cheesy and cliche. Yet it brought me an overwhelming wave of relief and joy. "Then let's do this together!" I raise my hands up. All the monsters raised their hands as well. "Yeah!"

"Police put your hands up!" A speaker yelled as the cars and helicopters swarmed in.

"They already have their hands up! Idiot!" Another speaker said.

"Oh. . . My bad."

Sans then appeared right next to me nearly making me fall of the boulder. "great speech."

"Y-you think so?"

His eyes and smile softened. "apology accepted." A smile spread across my face as well.

"Alight!" I place my hands down. "Let's get down to business." I hop down the boulder and walk through the crowd to the front. Frisk and I make eye contact and she runs up to me. We both stop between the monsters and humans.

The leader of the group speaks up. "Names?"

"Frisk!"

"Last name?"

Frisk looks down unsure of what to say. Then makes up her mind. "Dreemur!" I see Toriel and Asgore with stars in their eyes.

"Alright! And the pretty lady?" I resist the urge to roll my eyes at the unprofessional comment. Thankfully someone on that side tells him off.

"Y/n. Y/n L/n." The cops go silent and lower their weapons in astonishment.

"Y/n? As in officer L/n's sister?!" The person's question shocks me.