no one

Alternate route of Y2V4.5

Ayanokouji POV

"I'm sorry Ichinose. I can't reciprocate your feelings." I had to say it now. It'll only hurt her the most if I kept her waiting for too long.

Soon enough, Ichinose started crying yet she was smiling. Smiling through the pain.

"A-Ayanokouji-kun, can you tell me the reason? The reason for you to reject me. I want to hear it." She said.

"Please…I want to hear it from you now so the pain of my heart can fade away…" She added while wiping her tears.

"I already have someone else." There's no reason for me to lie. Ichinose needs to hear everything.

"Let me guess…It's Karuizawa-san, right?" I don't know how she found that out so I only answered her with a nod.

"I saw you two together back at the island. You were holding hands and kissed her out of nowhere." So she was spying on us. How did she even found us in the first place.

"Ichinose, I--"

"Ayanokouji-kun!" Ichinose shouted suddenly.

"I like you! I like like you! I love you! I got up on my own two feet because of you! You help me realize my mistakes!" I only  stayed quiet.

"If it weren't for you, I would be a broken mess! If it weren't for you, Nagumo would've broke me even further! Even though we're in different classes, you cared for me more than anyone else does!" She said while ignoring the continuous tears coming out.

"For the first time ever, I stopped caring for my classmates! I stopped caring for my friends! I stopped caring for Kanzaki-kun! I stopped caring for Hoshinomiya-sensei! I stopped caring for everyone! I stopped caring for everything! Even worse, I stopped caring for myself!"

"… except."

"You…I only cared about you…No one else but you…that's why I love you, Ayanokouji-kun…my heart belongs to you and you only…"

She starts to walk towards me until me and her are now an inch apart.

"So please…accept me…I'll do anything to be yours…please…I love you so much…no one can replace you…please…accept my confession…break up with Karuizawa-san…be with me…please…I need you…just you…Ayanokouji-kun…"

Soon enough, silence take over and all we could hear is the sound of the cold wind. 

Ichinose has fallen apart. The moment she started to broke down, she reminded me of Kei from the past, the one who was overdependable on Yosuke so much that she used him as her fake boyfriend in order in exchange for protection. I'm the Yosuke in Ichinose's heart. She wants to be with me not just for protection, but for her to care for me and vice versa. 

If only our destiny wasn't cruel, I would've accepted her with no strings attached. But it's too late for Ichinose. No one can save her but herself. If she managed to change after this rejection, I would still keep the promise I told her about. I know Ichinose is stronger than this. Which is why she needs to grow. It's what she needs. Not me.

"Ichinose…I'm--"

"PLEASE! ACCEPT ME!"

Out of nowhere, Ichinose wraps her arms around me, as if she don't plan on letting go.

"I'm sorry..." All I could do for now is tp hug her back, comforting her.

"I'll do anything, Ayanokouji-kun! I'll plan to transfer into your class or you can transfer to my class! I'll do anything so we can be together! If you transfer to my class, you don't have to cooperate on every special exams, my class would welcome you with open arms so you can enjoy and have a peaceful life, as long as we're together!"

Ichinose then starts to kiss me over and over. She really becomes desperate.

"Please, Ayanokouji-kun. Break up with Karuizawa-san so we can be together..."

If only if it's that easy.

"I'm sorry, Ichinose. This is for your own good. You can find someone more deserving  of your love one day. Even if me and Kei weren't together, my answer is still the same." I said.

...

"Ayanokouji-kun..."

...

"What is...it..."

...

.....

.........

................

........................

.................................

I coughed. I suddenly felt a sharp pain writhing inside me. I noticed I was coughing small amounts of blood. 

"Wrong answer..."

I looked down and see Ichinose was holding a knife and it was now through my stomach.

"Ayanokouji-kun...this wouldn't have happened if you just accepted my confession."

I tried to escape from her grasp but ahe only proceeds to stab me a second time.

"Ichi...nose..."

"Look at me, Ayanokouji-kun..." 

My body starts to get weaker, as she kept stabbing me multiple times.

Our bodies were now a bloody mess. I look at Ichinose and I see a sad smile with tears in her eyes.

"Ayanokouji-kun...I love you... but..."

She took out the knife and stab me directly into my heart.

"If I can't have you..."

"No one can."

I'm sorry.