New Year, New Me

Today is January 1st.

Tzuyu decided that New Year's day would be the day that she'll change. She made a few New Year's resolutions and she is determined to complete them. She'll stop being quiet. She'll stop being blunt. She'll stop being a prude. Tzuyu has been single for far too long. It's time for her to get out there and actually accept people into her life.

"Come on Tzuyu, you can do this! Just get out there and flirt with the first person you see!"

Tzuyu walked out of her house confidently.

"Hi Tzuyu, lovely morning, isn't it?" Tzuyu's old neighbor greeted her as she watered her dying flowers.

"H-Hi! Yes, this has been a great morning so far," Tzuyu replied as she awkwardly smiled and waved.

Okay, flirt with the second person you see!

The rest of the street was empty of people. Tzuyu decided to walk deeper into town.

"Hey girl, how you doin'?" some gangster looking guy winked at Tzuyu. Tzuyu shuddered.

Third person. Third person will be nice.

Tzuyu ignored him and continued to walk down the street.

"Hi Tzuyu!"

Tzuyu saw Chaeyoung.

No, screw that. It's like dating my sister.

Tzuyu looked at the person that was next to Chaeyoung. She didn't know who she was.

"H-Hello! My name is Tzuyu! I have decided to become more open and welcome potential love partners into my life! Are you interested?" Tzuyu shook the girl's hand vigorously.

"Tzuyu!" Chaeyoung shoved Tzuyu away, "This is my girlfriend!"

"O-Oh."

"This is Mina," Chaeyoung grumbled and rolled her eyes. She kept a hold on Mina. She was low-key trying to keep her away from Tzuyu. No one takes things that belongs to the beast.

"Hi..." Mina smiled softly.

"Nice to meet you... Sorry for that rather odd... introduction," Tzuyu apologized, rubbing the back of her head.

"What was up with that anyway?" Chaeyoung raised an eyebrow.

"I... Uh..." Tzuyu coughed, "I have a New Year's resolution."

"And what is it?"

"T-To get a boyfriend... or girlfriend... Whichever comes first," Tzuyu replied quietly, "and I'm going to try to be less of a... prude."

Chaeyoung laughed loudly, "Okay, if you say so!"

"Maybe you shouldn't come on so strong," Mina suggested.

"I came on strong? I'm sorry, I've never done this before," Tzuyu sighed. Her whole body drooped.

"I-It's okay! It's just... You shouldn't start conversations by asking people if they're interesting in being your... love partner," Mina chuckled softly.

"I see..."

"Don't take it too hard. I mean, if I wasn't with Chaeyoung, I might have been interested in you..." Mina tried to comfort Tzuyu.

Chaeyoung's eye twitched.

"Okay, it was nice seeing you Tzuyu! Bye!" Chaeyoung dragged Mina away.

"B-Bye?" Tzuyu stared at their retreating backs.

Weirdo.

Tzuyu continued walking and saw a girl's back. Tzuyu tapped her shoulder.

"Hi," Tzuyu smiled. The girl turned around.