Christmas Miracle

Tzuyu blew warm air into her hands as she waited for Sana outside of her house. Soft, white snow was falling from the sky. The streets were covered in a white blanket. Tzuyu readjusted her backpack on her shoulder.

"Sorry for making you wait!" Sana shouted as she rushed out her door. Tzuyu smiled. Tzuyu has liked Sana for a while now, and she is sure that Sana likes her back. It's been awhile since these feeling for each other has started, but they were both too afraid to do anything about it. They feared that their assumption would be wrong and that it would destroy their beautiful friendship.

"It's okay."

"We should hurry, I don't want us to be late to our friends' Christmas Eve party because of me," Sana worried a bit.

"I'm sure we'll make it," Tzuyu smiled again. She held out her hand for Sana. Sana quickly took it with a small smile.

"Do you need help carrying your bag?" Tzuyu pointed at Sana's rather large bag.

"No thanks, I don't want you peeking at the gift I'm giving to my secret receiver," Sana grinned, "You remembered to bring your gift too, right?"

"Of course," Tzuyu shook her own backpack in emphasis. Their friends thought that it would be way too much trouble to have each person hand out eight gifts, so they decided to just assign each other Secret Santas. This way, the girls only had to worry about getting one person a present.

They both began to walk towards a bus stop. They sat on a bench, not before Tzuyu pushed some snow off of it first. Sana kissed Tzuyu on the cheek in gratitude of her sweet gesture. Tzuyu's pink cheeks contrasted against her slightly cold, pale face. Tzuyu shivered a bit when a particularly cold breeze blew through the air. Sana noticed and brought their intertwined hands into her own pocket. Tzuyu silently raised an eyebrow.

"My pockets are warm," Sana explained as she squeezed Tzuyu's hand. Tzuyu squeezed back.

It's been quite a few minutes now. They both stood up when they saw a bus coming towards them. Their faces fell when they saw the words written on the bus's thin screen.

All buses will stop running for today due to the increase in snowfall.

Tzuyu and Sana sighed.

"Maybe we can catch a taxi before they stop running too," Tzuyu suggested. Sana nodded in agreement to the new plan.

They went to a rather populated street where taxi cabs usually pass by. They saw many people rushing about, probably trying to get home to their loved ones. They saw many people waiting for cabs; some were even fighting with others on who gets to ride a particular cab.

Sana and Tzuyu waited patiently. They waited for almost half an hour before they noticed an empty cab coming their way. Tzuyu raised her hand and the taxi stopped near them. Tzuyu opened the door for Sana when she heard a voice.

"Excuse me, do you mind if I take this one?" Tzuyu and Sana turned around. They saw a rather elderly man shaking as he held on to many presents, which were presumably for his family.

Tzuyu smiled and looked at Sana. She smiled as well and nodded at her.

"Sure." Tzuyu and Sana got out of the way for the elderly man.

"Thank you two so much, you two are true angels," he smiled at them before leaving in the taxi.

After that cab left, Tzuyu looked at Sana, "Do you really want to wait another thirty minutes for the next taxi?"

"I'd rather not," Sana admitted.

"Me too." Tzuyu suddenly got a phone call.

"Hello?"