"Please Lorenzo. I've suffered enough." He begged, his hands clasped together and tears flowing down his cheeks.

Woah. This is going too far.

"For God's sake, Valentino. What the fuck are you doing?" I yelled at him, trying to reach him.

Lorenzo's expressions softened immediately, replaced with guilt and he motioned for the men to step back again.

"Get up." He ordered, coldly. Valentino got up, but still looked at Lorenzo with pleading eyes.

"You have no right to just walk into our lives again, after abandoning us. Now especially, when we were finally succeeding in healing the wounds you left behind." Lorenzo said, coldly.

"Please. Let me explain." Valentino begged.

"I'm giving you one chance to explain yourself. Why did you run away?" Lorenzo asked.

"I felt guilty." Valentino said, before he started telling the whole story.

Flashback

Charlotte and Amelia were out with Valentino. They went to a park, with Valentino and some of his friends. Valentino looked at his sisters, all happy and playing with each other, instead of fighting, like they always do.

Amelia was four, almost five, at the time, while Valentino was fifteen.

"Hey, Valentino. Want a drink?" One of the guys asked. He was seventeen.

"No. I can't consume alcohol while my sisters are around." Valentino declined.

"Orange juice instead?" The guy asked. Val nodded.

"Here." He said, after sometime. All of Valentino's friends took out their bottles and cigarettes.

They were planning on getting drunk and high and Valentino realized he had to get his sisters out of there soon.

The guy was looking at Valentino, now and then. He had put some drug in his drink. Valentino would be unconscious soon.

This was a planned kidnapping. This guy, was working for the rivals, who wanted to kidnap both of the sisters.

The other guys were all taking drugs and watching the two little girls play.

"Do you think, he will let me be with one of them, when they are teenagers?" One of them muttered.

The boy next to him smacked him on his head.
"Are you too high to think straight? That's a twelve to thirteen years age gap, you pedo."

"Whatever. The Costello's have great genes. All of them are too good looking and beautiful." He rolled his eyes, still eyeing the girls.

Valentino was sprawled unconscious on the ground by that time.

After some time, all of them were too high to open their eyes, except the sketchy guy and the pedo.

The pedo stood up and walked towards the girls. When the sketchy guy saw this, he rushed up and followed him.

"Hey." He slurred. Amelia and Charlotte, looked at him and furrowed their eyebrows.

They giggled. He looked ridiculous, with his hair a mess and the stumble in his walk.

"Here. Drink this." He said, offering them the drink. Seeing the chance, the sketchy guy, put the powder in the glass.

Alcohol plus that drug, they would be unconscious for a long time.

"No. Dad and Teddy said, not to take anything from strangers." Amelia said, simply and took Charlotte's hand, marching to the swings again.