Chapter 69

"Lorenzo handled it. Russo agreed and we canceled the deal. Now can I have a hug from my little fireball." Dad said, as he went to talk to Mom, in the kitchen.

"I know." She said. "Let me hug my little baby, first." She said, moving towards me, making Dad glare at me, playfully.

I bent down to hug her. Not that I had a choice. She pulled me down.

"I'm not a little baby, Mum." I grumbled.

"Yes, you are." She said, making me sigh.

"I'm a big man now and leader of the mafia. You should stop calling me that." I said, hugging her tight. Its so comforting. I was in desperate need of a hug, after whatever happened.

"You are still a baby. You are my baby." She said, making me go silent.

I can't say anything. We do the same 'my baby' thing with Amelia. Now I know how she feels.

I just enjoyed her warmth. I miss her so much, back at home.

"Uhh.. Can I have a chance to hug my son too?" Dad asked, cautiously.

"No." Mom said, bluntly. I stifled my laugh.

"Wow." Dad muttered, before joining our hug.

"All of you should visit us soon." He said. I nodded.

"You can come live with us. There are more than enough people who can handle the business here." I said. I've said this ever since I took over.

"I don't want to retire so soon." Dad said. "But as soon as I do, we'll be happy to move in with you."

And this is the answer I've always been recieving.

----------

"I'm home." I whispered, exhausted. It was nighttime, almost midnight.

The house was silent.
No one's awake, I guess.

I sighed and pushed my luggage towards the living room. I stopped as soon as I saw a little person walk towards me.

"I was waiting for you. I missed you." Amelia said, wrapping her arms around me. I stroked her hair lovingly.

"I missed you too, angel." I said, kissing her forehead.

"Come on." She pulled me to the kitchen.

"Hot chocolate?" I asked. She nodded.

I don't know why she always makes hot chocolate when I come back from a trip.

"You must be tired. Want me to cook something else, before you go to rest?" She asked. I shook my head.

"No, Angel. I'm fine." I said, smiling at her.

My baby's so caring.
What did I do to deserve a sister like her?

"But I may want one thing." I said, after a moment.

Her ears perked up as she looked at me, smiling.

Adorable.

"What is it? I'll make it real quick." She asked, jumping in her seat.

"Cuddles?" I asked, sheepishly. It feels weird to ask her to cuddle with me, considering I'm a big grown man. Feels like a baby.

"Of course." She giggled. She isn't as sleepy today.

"Let's go then." I said, getting up as she put the cup down.

She bounced beside me as we  walked to my room.

Quickly changing into something comfy, I came out of my closet to see her already laying on the bed, almost asleep.