Chapter 22

Yo guys, here's the update. Enjoy.

----------------

"Lets just have lunch." He said before sitting at the head of the table again.

"I don't want to eat." I said as I tried going to my room.

I was yanked back by the back of my hoodie.

"I think I told you, you can't miss meals just because you're angry." Roman said grabbing my arm and pulling me to the table.

"Eat." Lorenzo commanded. I rolled my eyes.

"Ok, Dads." I muttered.

"Keep the sass in control, little girl." Lorenzo said sternly. "And that eye rolling too."

I just kept chewing on small bites and ignored what he said.

"I told you already. We have guests over tonight. They are coming especially to meet you." Lorenzo said turning to me at the end. I nodded. I hope it all goes fine.

"Our friends are coming too." Gray informed me. My ears perked up. By their friends means the whole popular kids table.

"Can I call Daniel too?" I asked.

"I already did." Lorenzo said while I just tried to hide my excitement.

"Are you not going to say anything about her checking out a guy?" Mason muttered to Lorenzo, clearly bothered by the fact that I wasn't scolded for that.

"I don't know what to say. I can't let you go out checking out guys, being in a relationship and get your heart broken. That's all." He said while looking at me. It seemed like he wanted me to not even look at a guy.

"And what if a relationship works for me?" I asked.

I don't even know if I am ready to be in a relationship already. He thought for a moment.

"I'll give you one chance. If you really want to be in a relationship and it works out, I'm not going to stop you." Lorenzo said.

"What? You're going insane, Lorenzo." Jace yelled.

"I agree with him." Grayson muttered.

"You're giving her too much freedom in order to not restrict her." Mason said, angrily.

Lorenzo just stayed silent.

The younger ones are making him regret it. I can't disappoint him.

After eating lunch, I studied a bit then just flopped on my bed and stared at the ceiling.

I don't know what is happening. Everything is so messed up. I wanted to go live somewhere far away. I told big bro, I don't want rules and expectations anymore.

That's the reason why I didn't want to live here. If I get attached, I'll just fear that I'll disappoint them. I don't want to be a disappointment again.

I just want to be a normal teenager. As weird as it sounds, I want to have a crush, have some girl drama, have a relationship during high school, hang out with friends, go to prom with a handsome guy and not be a shadow or the ignored girl in the school.

But after seeing my brother's reaction, I think I'm pressuring Lorenzo. It seems he doesn't want to allow some things but is still allowing for my sake.

I snapped out of my thoughts when I heard a knock on the door.

"What?" I called out.

"We have guests over remember?" Grayson said as he popped his head in.