𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐕𝐨𝐥𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐢

☕︎

☕︎

The Volturi males were more laxed, throwing their red hoods back showing their features. Both had slightly olive complexion, eyes deep crimson red, darkening as it went to the iris. What got her attention was their attire underneath. Modern.

Edward was on high alert, hand clutching hers, anxious, slightly fed up. They walked passed a female receptionist at the entrance of the elevator. It seemed she wasn't bothered of their sorts. She looked like she was enjoying her job.

Eleanora even disregarded the flirty glance one of the males gave the receptionist, earning a giggle. She slightly cringed. Why just, why did she want a gift of immortality?

The door opened to Jane's twin. Eleanora knew because of their familiar resemblances. He smiled, reaching for her. "Jane."

"Alec." she responded, embracing the boy. They kissed each other's cheeks on both sides. Then he looked the the group. "They send you out for one and you come back with two . . . and another." he noted, looking at Eleanora, who was not at the least bothered. "Nice work."

She laughed. "Welcome back, Edward." Alec greeted him. "You seem in a better mood from your drastic one from earlier."

"So much better." Edward agreed in a tight, flat voice. Eleanora saw the dark grim look on his face. She rubbed his knuckles, soothing him slightly, but not enough to make his frown disappear.