Chapter 25 Hidden Currents Surged

Di Qing peered at the black-clothed man on the soft couch, weighing inwardly what the man had said to him. "Wolf King, don't think I am a push-over. Let's wait and see how I will fix you later."

Xu Linghe was heading to the Emperor's Bedchamber— Palace of Green Longevity, which was located in the east of the Imperial City, serving as the Bedchamber for Qi Kingdom's Emperor. Xu Linghe flew over the wall and entered the palace. It looked gruesome in the darkness. Xu Linghe wiggled his spiritual fingers, and then several palace servants fell down correspondingly.

Being invisible in the Bedchamber, Xu Linghe looked around with great caution. The Emperor who was supposed to sleep in the Bedchamer disappeared now. So Xu Linghe got out of the Bedchamer and flitted to the imperial garden.

The spacious garden was rather silent without imperial guards' protection. Flying above the locus pond, Xu Linghe conjured a print with his hands and struck his Spirit Power sword to the surface of the water. Immediately, the water was split in half.

The water in the pond decreased gradually. When the pond bottom was uncovered, Xu Linghe caught sight of the iron bridge leading to the bottom. The iron bridge was weaved by black iron chains that intertwined with one another tightly.

The bridge looked steady in appearance but was hard to go through. Each black iron had certain mechanism. Any wrong step would result in the bridge to collapse suddenly, thus the person on the bridge would fall off to the bottom where sharp pricks were waiting to pierce the heart.

Xu Linghe leaped onto the bridge and walked to the bottom step by step, his fingers keeping making brands on the chains. If anything went wrong, he could not bear the pain of prick penetration as well. But when he walked no more than several steps, a gust of evil wind rose from the bottom.

Xu Linghe made himself invisible under the bridge and could only hear the constant noise on the bridge. Peeping through the black iron chain, Xu Linghe saw the Emperor hurry his way to the bottom and his fingers brush the mechanism to enter the secret passage on the bottom. Xu Linghe kept invisible and followed the Emperor to the depth of the hidden passage.

With each step, a devil would appear in the hidden passage and open the mechanism for the Emperor. Hiding in the darkness, Xu Linghe made spirit prints for each mechanism carefully for the sake that he could remember them more clearly.

Along the way, what surprised Xu Linghe was that there was not a human being in such underground palace, but all were demons and devils. "Is the whole Imperial Palace being encroached by the devils?"

Xu Linghe felt uneasy at the thought, so he sped up to fly into the depth of the underground palace. But the Emperor stopped at the turning corner. Xu Linghe absorbed himself onto the top of the hidden passage. Then, a black iron door opened, and a boat-shape iron cage rose. The Emperor jumped into the iron cage.

Xu Linghe turned into a small insect and adhered to the cage. Below the iron cage was a bottomless abyss, where surging magma pounded on the rocks with flames splashing up over hundreds of feet high, and burning heatwave blew on the face. Some Sacred Beasts with long tails wielded their fire wings above the magma.

The Emperor flicked his fingers, and then the waving Beasts floated around the black iron cage. Immediately, a light smoke rose from the cage. The glow forced Xu Linghe to set up a spiritual defensive cover to separate himself from these beasts. Astoundingly, the Emperor dared to pet them while those fairies sucking magma's Spirit Power hovered above the Emperor's head. When the beasts' bodied turn blood red, the Emperor stretched his sucker-like fingers into the beasts body and took out Inner Elixer.

Watching the Emperor take in the Inner Elixer, Xu Linghe was stunned with cold sweats. The Emperor before him was obviously a hell messenger. Xu Linghe stood on the high black iron cage, the iron chains beneath his feet creaking. Spirit beasts whose Inner Elixer had been taken away by the Emperor disappeared in the flame. Xu Linghe was pretty sure that the Emperor was not a human but a monster now.