Chapter 23 Family Meet and the Truth Comes Out

The burly man was not going to let him go. Xu Linghe touched his pocket. He still had some taels of silver, so he threw a bunch of silver down and wanted to leave. The man saw that Xu Linghe was generous, and grew greedy. He approached with a vicious strike. Xu Linghe admitted that he was just unlucky to have met such an unreasonable person. The villagers who were there saw that Xu Linghe was a young master and they despised the wealthy. They seized him up and felt that his air of nobility was not any different from the official's grandson.

"Quick, tell the official that there is someone outside of the village bullying me."

Xu Linghe was surrounded by the villagers. He could only accept his fate against the unreasonable mountain people.

Inside the defensive cover, Wuyou stretched lazily. Her face burned when she thought of last night. She put on her clothing and left the defensive cover.

Looking at the cooking smoke from the village, she imagined her future together with the man. Should she not have any responsibilities one day, it would be a beautiful thing to stay here long term.

There was a loud ruckus from the distance. The man was surrounded by people early in the morning. "What happened?" thought Wuyou. Wuyou arrived quickly with the wind and stood in front of the man. Xu Linghe's heart felt warm as he looked at the familiar yet unfamiliar woman in front of him.

"Who are you?"

Xu Linghe could not help but ask in his heart. He hoped that what the woman had told him was the truth. Xu Linghe still could not understand what the woman had said last night. When he thought of how the woman had described Jiang Wuyou's story, he almost believed her. But he did not understand how the little woman could live in someone's body. It must be an excuse. If the little woman's soul was still around, why did it not return to her own body? Why was the woman lying?

"Linghe, I'm Jiang Wuyou, can't you sense it?"

"Who sent you here. You should leave quickly."

"Linghe, what are you saying? I'm Wuyou! Have you forgotten our promise to stay together forever?"

"The woman I love is Jiang Wuyou. You're not her."

"I'm your little fox, Jiang Wuyou."

"There's no one else in the world other than Jiang Wuyou, don't you understand?"

"The official is here."

The burly man clambered up and bowed. Xu Linghe seized up the official. The vigor filled elder looked extremely friendly. Xu Linghe was surprised by the teen that followed closely behind the elder. There was such an elegant young master in such an inconspicuous place.

"Xiao Qi."

"Xu Linghe."

The two, who both had powerful dispositions stood facing each other. The official gazed at Xu Linghe thoughtfully. Wuyou, who was hiding behind Xu Linghe peeked out. Xiao Qi was slightly shocked but quickly calmed down. It seemed that the two cousins were meeting for the first time! Wuyou left the crowd. She did not know when they would meet again. She quickly flew into the skies.

"Xu Linghe, Jiang Wuyou will keep waiting for you."

Looking at the woman's lonely back, Xu Linghe suddenly felt his heart hurt.

The tracks of life were like a compass. Leaving was for the next meeting, just like Wuyou and Xu Linghe.

"Official, you have to help me."

The burly man looked at Xu Linghe and wiped his tears again. Xu Linghe was not interested in an argument regarding the leathers. The official looked like a reasonable person.