Chapter 6 - The Woman Who Was Held Captive by Her Feelings

After they entered Wind City spirit world, Mingzhu was extremely uneasy. The Qilin followed the Little Lingchong to scout ahead while Wuyou stopped and surveyed the surroundings. In the distance, there was a large rock hidden behind the dense vegetation that was like an open-mouthed monster, striking fear in the hearts of those who saw it.

Wuyou gently flicked her spiritual finger and spirit power rushed toward the mountain stream like lava. The Little Longchong hid within her sleeve while the Qilin stuck close by her side and waited for her command. Wuyou gently stroked the Qilin and tasked it to remain alert. The psychic Qilin carried its master on its back and slowly walked into the depths of the mountain forest. Throughout the journey, Wuyou proceeded with extreme caution. She knew that it would be better to be more cautious when moving through such an eerie place. She did not want to lose her life here and break the promise she made with that man. She would have to remain unharmed for that person.

"Master, Little Long can't find the entrance." Little Ling reported after completing its task and landed in her palm.

Wuyou could not rein in her frustration and as the Qilin sensed its master's uneasiness, it blew out fire toward the sky.

"Qilin, don't be so arrogant when you're on foreign territory. You're such a boorish fellow."

"Master, how about sending Qilin ahead to scout instead?"

"No, I'm afraid we would not be able to find your body then."

It was a quiet mountain stream with the occasional growl of wild beasts. Wuyou released her spirit power and the purple spirit light gathered toward the bottom of the ravine like lightning. The wind in the mountains was sometimes strong and sometimes weak and as Wuyou's clothes billowed in the wind, she quietly stared ahead and listened closely to the movement of her spiritual power. as her spiritual thought gradually expanded, she separated her soul from her physical body and flew into the deep valley. Her spirit power was like the stars in the sky and lit this wilderness in a myriad of colors. She flew past the mountains and headed straight for the ravine. When she was about to reach the bottom of the ravine, a spirit power attempted to swallow her. Wuyou struggled and tore at its bindings. After the purple spirit power broke through its defensive cover, the spirit power that had been crushing her immediately disappeared.

After her soul landed at the bottom of the ravine, Wuyou realized that this was no wilderness. Instead, for an instant, she thought that this place was a Fairyland. There were little streams under her feet, fish playfully swam past the bridge and there was a stone statue next to a bridge carved out of white marble. Although it was a stone statue, the stone could not mask its glorious phantom beauty. The cobbled streets were clean and wide and filled with people. Scents of wine and food floated down the streets. Was this the legendary Ghost City? To her surprise, the terrifying Wind City seemed to be filled with such a lively aura.

Phantom was a horrid woman. How could she then construct a spirit heaven to give all those homeless souls a home? Who was this woman whom Jiefei liked? Was she an executioner in hell or an innocent flower of the netherworld? She wished so badly that Uncle Jiefei was still alive.

Lonely souls lived in this part of the world. Wuyou's spirit will traveled through the dark sky and she looked ahead, flowers blossomed across the sky and the entire sky was filled with brilliant colors. Although it was not as dazzling as the sun or the moon, it contained the warmth of fire. The flowers floated gently across the sky, swept by the wind, and as Wuyou floated across the sea of flowers, she saw souls creeping out of the flower petals. When she touched them, the souls were so scared that they dissipated. It turned out that these floating flowers were a paradise for these souls to rest and these flowers existed in such a lively place to be a requiem for souls.