Chapter 18 Soul Battle (2)

A group of men's appearance brought a lull to the noisy soul battle arena. Walking first was a thin and tall man, followed closely by some men in green cloth holding glaze trays. The chief on the high platform took over the trays with great care. Never underestimate those small wooden tokens on them. Whoever lost wooden tokens would be disqualified immediately.

"Chuya, the thin and tall man is the chief in charge of the five Meets in succession. Right?"

Xiao Nai asked at the top of his thin and acute voice. Shen Chuya nodded in agreement.

Wuyou thought that it mattered little to her. What she was eager to do now was to jump into the soul battle arena to take a close look in order to check how formidable the Evil Spirit in Shen Chuya's words was. Looking at the main venue encircled tightly by iron chains, Wuyou only hoped that night fell quickly. She had no way of retreat in Fairy City, and Xiao Qi would not keep a person good-for-nothing. To win, she had to get a clear picture of the arena's terrain. Only by doing so could she have more chance to win.

Little Fox, Shen Chuya and Xiao Nai were in a group. A man in black cloth named Li Fu led them. Wuyou and Shen Chuya held the quilts while Xiao Nai gave some help beside.

Li Fu took a glimpse and found Shen Chuya and Xiao Nai engaged, so he picked up some waist tokens and threw to them. Wuyou leaped and accept the waist tokens. Li Fu turned around and walked to his residence. Xiao Nai followed him, intending to ask him about the competition system tomorrow, but was stopped by Shen Chuya.

Wuyou looked around along the road and could not still make it clear even after she arrived at her dwelling place. Shen Chuya nudged her arm to bring her to come to herself. But Wuyou had forgotten how many forks she had walked and how many houses she had passed by.

Standing at the door, Li Fu explained the rules and regulations to Shen Chuya. As for the battle tomorrow, the order would be determined by drawing lots. And the competition would begin at 7 a.m. Li Fu hoped everybody could take a good rest.

"Nai, is this Phoenix's?"

Shen Chuya picked up a puppet. Xiao Nai turned over and got out of bed, but could not find any trace of her by the door. "How can she know we live here?" Xiao Nai was thinking when some more figures turned up by the door. With clearer sight, Xiao Nai's eyes brightened, since his Prince, Xiao Linggong was standing ahead of him. Xiao Linggong shot a glimpse at Wuyou and fixed his eyes on Shen Chuya. And Xiao Nai squeezed to the front of Shen Chuya, eager to shake hands with Xiao Linggong, but Xiao Linggong rejected ruthlessly. Seeing it, Wuyou shook her head.

"Xiao Nai, where can you hide?"

Xiao Nai hiding behind Shen Chuya was pulled over by Phoenix. Wuyou thought, "This girl is so energetic, and she must have the parents who love her very much."

At the hours of the rabbit, Wuyou woke up. When getting up, she found Xiao Nai and Phoenix were still sleeping while Xiao Linggong and Shen Chuya dwelling near the door had not been there. Sure enough, some people got up earlier than Wuyou.

After washing and dressing up, Wuyou set out to the soul battle arena. Viewing from afar, Wuyou found a number of people had gathered there, so she flew through the breeze to the soul battle arena. When landing, she saw Xiao Linggong and Shen Chuya. It appeared that some people were more anxious. Xiao Linggong was standing beside, as if he was waiting for someone else. Shen Chuya walked toward Wuyou, whom Wuyou did not like.

"Little Fox, you come very early. There is no need to come so early on the first day."

"Brother Chen, aren't you early, too?"

Shen Chuya smiled in embarrassment. Xiao Linggong took a glance at Wuyou and whispered to Shen Chuya. At the sight, Wuyou walked away from them.

On the stone steps, a steward in green cloth tipped the compote over carelessly. Wuyou helped him to pick it up.