Chapter 17 Soul Battle (1)

When first arriving in the Fairy Kingdom, Wuyou could not accommodate herself there. Perhaps because she parasitized in a mortal, she felt too cold to go out.

Xiao Qi had not shown up for several days. What was he doing these days? She had asked Da Chan, but he responded with nothing but a look of mystery.

The battle in the black water lake made Wuyou see her Ancient Spirit in a new light. Her Spirit Power, as if being animated, accompanied her all the time and led her to State of obliviousness, where she could converse with her Ancient Spirit. As a matter of fact, those Spirit Powers had been sealed layer upon layer.

Wuyou often explored the depth of her Ancient Spirit, but was always rejected. It seemed that only the strong spirit caster could call more power. And the source of these Spirit Powers was inexhaustible.

When all was quiet in the dead of night, Wuyou would find a tranquil place and intermingle with her Ancient Spirit more to let her soul into a land of nothing.

Every time Wuyou entered the Ancient Spirit world, she had to pass a place named Spirit Power Field, which owned its own law of existence like a kingdom. When Wuyou stepped in, a thumb-sized flame hung high in the empty land.

Wuyou followed the Little Flame Spirit to wade through Spirit Power Valley. Each time Wuyou passed through it, her soul became stronger. Along the way, Flame Spirit kept on warning Wuyou that she could not suck Spirit Power at will, even for the thousands-of-years Spirit Power, she could not take in rashly. Wuyou felt puzzled about it. Little Flame Spirit opened its mouth and took a gulp. Next second, it began attacking Wuyou. Then, it spat out the Spirit Power and floated in front of Wuyou to say proudly, "Can't you see it? These Spirit Powers only belong to kind-hearted people. But for those evil-hearted like me, once using it, they will become devils. I have lived for hundreds of thousands of years.

"And I have followed His Excellency Ancient Spirit all the time. But the Spirit Power that I have cultivated is just about thumb size."

Wuyou doubted its words a bit. How could such a lovely Flame Spirit have lived for hundreds of thousands of years? Her slender fingers made some gestures above its head. Flame Spirit raged and burst forth fire toward Wuyou. Wuyou floated several meters backward with a shock. She was so scared of its powerful explosive force.

"You're so small. Will you let down Your Excellency Ancient Spirit?

"These Spirit Powers look good, but can't be possessed by ordinary people. In spite that you are the carrier of Ancient Spirit, it will probably abandon you someday."

"Little Flame Spirit, I am not afraid of His Excellency Ancient Spirit. Since it is so terrific, I still have the ability to control it."

"Easy to say. Do you know in the battle of dark fire, if Ancient Spirit had not saved you, your soul would have been scattered thousands of miles away."

"You even know it. Aren't you afraid that I will kill you?" Wuyou rolled up a swirl of Spirit Power to snap Little Flame Spirit. And the flickering Flame Spirit slipped out of the swirl like a mudfish.

"I've forgotten to tell you that the Ancient Spirit you're using is one of my parts. You cannot hurt me. You might as well save your strength."

"Where is His Excellency Ancient Spirit? I would like to pay a visit to him."

"He is in the depth fo your soul. He is not the kind that you can see anytime you want."

"Don't make mystical nonsense. It is just Spirit Power lodging in my soul. It is illusory."

"Dare to offend His Excellency Ancient Spirit, you will answer for your disrespect. Do you believe it?"

"I am his carrier. What can he do to me?"