Chapter 22 I Only Have You in This World

In the lunar new year, Wuyou, who was 200 years old took over Su Gong as the Commander in Chief of the Third Platoon of the Fairy Kingdom.

Wuyou stood in the palace and accepted Xiao Yi's ceremonial passing of his authority. When she accepted the Third Platoon Commander seal from Xiao Yi, Wuyou was excited. She had become a person with responsibility through her own efforts.

What Wuyou did not expect was that Xiao Linggong was the commander. Su Chenyang was familiar within the army and held the position as Wuyou's secretary. Shen Chuya became the assistant commander while Xiao Nai was the assistant general. Leng Mohan was brave and strong, so Xiao Yi made him the chief general.

The lunar new year was when spring began. The Fairy Kingdom was still blanketed with white snow. This was the last free time Wuyou had before she started her job. Wuyou flew into the clouds on this silent night.

Standing on the highest mountain peak of the Fairy Kingdom and looking at the human realm, she felt a rush of longing, drowning her. She looked at the human realm. How great would it be if she could see Xu Linghe now? She wanted to see Xu Linge releasing fireworks in the new month and she wondered how he would look.

The clouds below her turned. She could not stop herself from feeling such desperation to see Xu Linghe anymore. The wind howled by her ear, playing a happy tune.

Not far away before her was the human realm. The place beneath her feet was where Xu Linghe had grown up. The high city walls could not stop Wuyou. The human realm would hang up red lights and couplets during the lunar new year. The children on the streets released fireworks and the adults watched leisurely. Wuyou released her Spiritual Power in search of where her lover stayed.

"What is Brother Xu thinking? The fireworks tonight are decent, right?"

Lin Xiaosa patted Xu Linghe's shoulders. He turned around and saw that Di Lifeng had disappeared. Sigh! This girl just won't grow up. Lin Xiaosa shook his head, but his eyes were filled with love for her.

Wuyou stared at Xu Linghe who emerged from the crowd. Her heart was beating really quickly. Her lover was right in front of her. When she saw Ming Zhu, who stood behind him, holding a candied figure, her heart broke. Candied figures did not just belong to her. The man had perhaps, forgotten her. Wuyou's tears fell without stopping. "He, you've forgotten Wuyou and your promise. You once told me that I was your heartbeat. But do you know? I'm right before you... I'm right in front of you, but you already have someone else by your side. You said that you will grow old with me. Xu Linghe, you have betrayed Wuyou, betrayed the little fox..."

Jiang Wuyou flew up into the clouds and could not stop. In the beautiful night of the new year, her heart was icy cold. Xu Linghe whom she loved had someone else. When she desired love, the love brought her endless pain instead.

Little Lingchong poked out its head, flying toward the familiar aura.

"It is the mistress' soul. The lady in white earlier is the mistress."

"Little Lingchong, what did you say?"

Xu Linghe flew into the sky, chasing after Little Lingchong. Xu Linghe wanted to find out exactly what was up with Little Lingchong's oddness.

Ming Zhu who was on the ground looked at the candied figure in her hand. For some reason, the candied figure that Young Master Xu had given her was still piping hot, but he had disappeared without a trace. Lin Xiaosa looked at his brother and sighed. It seemed that his brother's sickness had struck again. He thought of Di Li, who was by his side and grew anxious again. He did not want Little Di Li to be sad. When he saw Little Li's calm expression, Lin Xiaosa finally felt reassured.