Chapter 2 A Youth to be Feared

Wuyou was shriveled into a ball, with the trees in the yard casting shimmering shadows, and sounds of the morning call echoing in the distance. Suddenly, a burst of cries came from the yard, followed by a thick smell of blood that made Wuyou nauseous as it was the first time that she had ever smelt such a thing. A man lay in the pool of blood, and Wuyou learned that his name was A Jiu when she drew near. The store entrance was jammed with people asking about how he died, while Wuyou squatted closer to look at the corpse, which was shriveled up like it had been sucked dry.

She sent out a Little Lingchong from her palm, which would seek for souls. It shone with a blue light and led Wuyou through the yard to above a straw hut. Wuyou looked around and saw traces of blood in the corner, and when she sent Spirit Power towards it, she was met with a strong smell of blood. The Little Lingchong ducked into her sleeve, and Wuyou blasted open the walls to see a woman in black drinking the blood. When the woman looked up, Wuyou was startled by her half-hidden face and red eyes and the coagulated blood on her skull, which was patching up her face with new flesh. When the female ghost turned around once again, she looked like a young woman.

Wuyou sent out Spirit Power towards the ghost, and a halo hung over her head, but it clawed apart Wuyou's dress with steel claws. Wuyou stared coldly at the ghost, who was rushing into the air with the stench of decayed bodies. When the ghost attacked again, Wuyou surrounded herself with magic powers, her dark hair scattering in the air. She looked at the bloodthirsty ghost and punched it harshly. With a booming sound, the wall was crashed down, and the ghost was sent away. Despite being heavily injured, the ghost did not give up while staring at Wuyou.

"Are you a ghost?" Wuyou asked.

The ghost looked at Wuyou before charging forwards her with a terrifying expression. Her eyes glinted with red lights, and her matted hair turned into vines that curled toward Wuyou. Wuyou closed her eyes and clapped her hands, her long hair fluttering with purple Spirit Power with her body floating in the mid-air. She hurriedly summoned a golden beast from her body, which was a Qilin riding on a ring of fire. Everywhere the Qilin passed turned into a sea of flames and burned the vines. The ghost was caught by horror, and her hair got burnt. When the fires were put out, the ghost was covered with burns and looked even worse than before. She was filled with overwhelming hatred as her beauty was destroyed.

The ghost attacked Wuyou with her wrath. Surrounded by Spirit Power, Wuyou punched towards the ghost while looking at her. Seeing this, the ghost flew onto the roof and was sent flying back when she tried to attack Wuyou again. Then, with a loud crash, the roof caved in and sent dust flying everywhere.

"A female ghost."

Wuyou looked at her coldly and was losing her patience. She sat on top of her Qilin and started to leave, while the ghost was trapped by the Imprisoning Chain. She would suffer more if she tried to break off it.

"Who are you and why are you trying to interfere with my actions? There was no grudge between you and me before. Why did you destroy my cultivation?"

"Ghost, defeating you is too easy. What can you do?"

The Qilin felt his master's anger and blew another ring of fire towards the ghost, which terrified her into begging for mercy.

"Go and enter another life."

With a move of her finger, her powerful Spirit Power floated in the air and tore open the ground, revealing a small path. A gust of cold wind blew over from the underworld and swallowed the ghost down into the depths. Afterward, it even started snowing. Looking at the thin snow on the ground, the girl in purple flew onto the Qilin's back.

"Wake up, Little Lingchong!"

The Qilin yanked at Wuyou's sleeve, and the Little Lingchong stuck its head out. Wuyou had exhausted a lot of energy from fighting the ghost and felt thankful for her companions and that she should take a rest. Little Lingchong sat at Wuyou's arms lazily. Looking at the Qilin, which was as small as a bean, it was complacent and forgot that it was just a small bug. Wuyou touched the bug and made antennae grow out of Little Lingchong's head, causing the Qilin to burst into laughter at the amusing scene. Little Lingchong pretended to be dead while looking at its master, covering its face with its antenna and cunning in its eyes. "What a cute little thing," Wuyou thought as she pinched its face. A smile that could amaze Lunar Corona appeared on her face. Seeing the smile, Little Lingchong went to hide with shyness.