The Cabin (Part Two)

⚠️ Chapter Contains Violence ⚠️

Vincent:

Stella watched with her arms folded over her chest while I tied Dr. Greer to a chair directly across from his sister, her blue eyes burning with what I could only guess was rage.  She held on to the scalpel like her life depended on it.  The air became thick.  I felt like I was being smothered by the hard tension.

All of this would be worth it once I was reunited with Emily.  How I longed to hold my little girl in my arms for the first time, to tell her how lonely it has been knowing that I couldn't see her.  The ugliness in front of me was temporary.  The blissful bond with my family would last an eternity. 

"Stella," Doctor Greer said, "This has gone on for long enough.  The police are probably already looking for you.  You need to give up."

Stella didn't say a word. She simply smiled and ran her finger over the tip of the scalpel, unflinching when a small cut appeared. A chill ran down my spine as a line of blood dripped on to her floor.

"Graves, this is all your doing! You manipulated her, just like you manipulated the Hayden girl."

"Do you think it's wise to bring up my past while you're tied up like a filthy dog?"

"That's what this is about, isn't it? You intend to see Emily again. I know how your mind works."

"You know nothing about me."

"Be a man, Graves. Admit the truth."

I turned my back to him. "Yes," I admitted, "I am going to see Emily. She has my daughter."

"Your rape baby, you mean."

"Don't call her that."

"Why the hell not? That child wouldn't exist if you hadn't forced Emily to-"

I spun around and mashed my fist against his chin, causing his head to snap back. Beverly screamed into the dirty cloth. Stella had no reaction.

"If you say Emily's name again, I will cut your fucking tongue out. She's too pure to be on the lips of a man who takes advantage of his nurses."

His eyes darted over to Stella. "Tell him the truth about what happened. Tell him you consented."

She still didn't say a word.

"Have you completely lost your marbles?" He fought hard against the ropes that bound his hands to the chair. "Snap out of it! Say something!"

Her silence was getting to him, even more than it was getting to me.  She laughed, an evil laugh that made my blood run cold, and smeared the blood from her finger on to his face.  "You have a lot of nerve using the word consent."  She jabbed the scalpel into his thigh, laughing again as he let out a pained scream.  "You're a pig, a filthy pig who needs to be slaughtered.  I can't wait to do it."

"Nurse Bennett," His voice cracked, like the sandy ground of a lonely desert. "You're throwing your life away by aiding this maniac. Do yourself and favor and let us go. I won't tell a soul that you had anything to do with this. I swear to God."

"Stop talking," She said, "I don't want to hear it."

"What do you want from me, then?"

She jerked the scalpel out of his thigh. The doctor let out another scream. "I want you to tell me why you raped her! What did she do to deserve it?"

"She? Her?"

Stella blinked. "I mean....me."

"I'm sorry," The Doctor said, desperation echoing from his voice. "I don't know why I did it."