Putting Her Emotions Back on the Gambling Table

Comenzar desde el principio

She was still in shock that he was here, but she had to throw that aside and put the current drunk on the couch. It was hard and it definitely took a while, but she did it.

His body was laid down on the couch, and she was kneeling down beside him with a very worried look on her face. She was starting to panic, and she had no idea what she would do right now.

Sophia didn't even realize that her hatred for him was subsiding due to the more important topic which is him drunk as fuck right now.

"Mason." She tried calling out to him in panic.

When he wasn't replying to her, the worry she was feeling probably multiplied by a million.

"Mason." She called out to him louder and she also grasped his sweaty hand in both of hers.

Her grip on his hand was getting tighter and tighter with every second that he wasn't answering back.

Her hand caressed his forehead, which was starting to form beads of sweat. Her hand travelled down to his cheek, and she didn't realize it but she started tearing up.

She was so worried that something bad happened to him. She didn't even want to think about how she would react if whatever happened to him was fatal.

He started groaning again, and she immediately felt hope again.

His eyes droopily opened up revealing his drunken status. She was so relieved that she threw her arms around his neck.

Mason was clearly surprised as seen on his expression, but he still reached his hand out and patted her back, sa boring the moment of her once again in his arms.

"What happened to you?" Sophia pulled away and asked him.

It took a while and a few groans, but he eventually replied as much as he could.

"I told you that all I have been doing is drinking, but tonight got way out of hand." He was consulting the pounding pain in his head.

Sophia snickered in agreement as a witness of what he said.

"Than I just found myself walking to your house, and everything went black. Then here I am." He explained.

"Mason, you were never one to drink even when you were upset." She said to him with a pained expression.

"I know, but I just couldn't handle losing the most important person in my life." He reached his hand and landed it on her cheek. He expected her to pull away, but he was surprised that she placed her hand on his and leaned in further. Tears were forming once again, but he reached out and wiped them away.

"Hey, don't cry.Nothing bad happened to me." He tried to comfort her.

He grabbed the hand on her cheek and grasped it in between her hands. She even landed a kiss on his knuckles.

"Promise you that you will never do that again." She pleaded.

Mason smiled. He couldn't believe in how much a girl, who completely declared her utter hatred for him, could genuinely care for him for something as small as him getting drunk hardcore.

"I promise, but listen to me Sophia-" He was cut off by her lips which were on his. He pulled his hand out of her hand and grasped her jawline.

She soon wrapped her arms around his neck. They soon pulled away, but they were staring deep into each other's eyes and touching foreheads.

Suddenly, a hand grabbed her shoulder and ripped her away from him. She lost her balance and landed on her soft carpet.

As she looked up, she was shocked to see Zach pounding Mason in the face. She was frightened and was paralyzed.

Zach landed another punch on Mason's face. Mason got fed up and decided to retaliate. He broke away and started punching his gut.

Sophia finally broke from her shocked state, and pulled Zach away from Mason. He tried getting up, Sophia pushed him down again.

She pushed Mason on the couch. Zach got up from the floor and was fuming with anger.

"What is the matter with you two?" She yelled to the both of them.

"He broke your heart." Zach pointed a finger on him.

Mason angrily stood up.

"You broke her heart first." He pointed a finger back to Zach.

Both men were roaring accusations across the living room until Sophia soon yelled at the both of them to shut up.

Mason and Zach were silent. They have never seen her this worked up.

"Both of you hurt me once, but I have learned how to forgive both of them." She said in a much softer voice.

"Even me?" Mason heard what she said, but he demanded affirmation.

Sophia looked at him as he hopefully stood from the couch. She started giving more thought into what he was asking. Did she really forgive him for playing with her emotions? Then she remembered him wrecking himself that she lost her. And tonight was a sign as well. The way his drunk self walked all the way to her house just to apologize.

She looked at him and nodded, and the happiest smile was on his face.

Zach refused it and grabbed her arm. Sophia whipped her head towards his face.

"Are you sure?" He cautiously asked her. A protectiveness was definitely present in his eyes.

"I'm sure." She told him, never breaking eye contact with him.

She was just praying that she wouldn't regret it the second time around.