Evermore | officialditi

BLURB:

BLURB:

"I didn't know you could swim too." He started coming closer and had a notorious grin on his face.

"I am a woman of many talents." I spoke with caution and simultaneously moved backwards.

"Like what?" His voice came out gruff, sending shivers down my spine. There was barely any distance between us.

"Umm." My mind had become clogged; overwhelmed by his closeness and his scent.

"Yeah?" he came closer.

**

Emily wanted nothing more than a free start. Free from the strenuous years of high school, she hoped that college would bring something different, something new.

Being the daughter of a millionaire, a straight-A Student, she didn't have to think about her future as it had been planned for her since she was born. She was destined to take over her father's business.

Everything in her ship was going fine until she met someone at college who could potentially wreck her life.

Theodore Anderson, the best swimmer in the university and heartthrob was more than happy with his life.

Opposites attract you say? But what happens when the worlds of these two people collide who are similar in more ways than you can count.

***

YOUR COVER: (9/10) From looking at your cover, I immediately assume that this is a romance story. It represents your story well, but I'd suggest having your story put in the romance/YA section, not teen fiction, as it presents some sexual themes within your story. That way, your cover will accurately represent your genre as well as your story. My only other complaint is that the way the cover is formatted is familiar within the romance genre. Lots of authors use dark images and bright white/glowing titles in their romance stories. You can keep your cover as it is, but if you choose to change the cover, keep in mind that you should be aiming for a cover that doesn't look like every other romance novel.

YOUR TITLE: (6/10) "Evermore" means forever; always. My interpretation of this title is about young adults who feel they have a love that would last forever, or maybe the happiness from their youth will stick with them for the rest of their lives. However, this connection is weak at best. This is true for pretty much every teenage love story, so if there's a deeper meaning to the title, please let me know! Additionally, this title is pretty common, and doesn't help with showing your audience the genre of your story or how it represents your story.

YOUR BLURB: (2/5) You have a few grammar mistakes in your blurb. For example, in "he came closer", the beginning of the action tag should be capitalized, as it's a separate sentence. You can take a look at the grammar section as well and see what suggestions apply to your blurb. Your blurb is also on the longer side. I suggest choosing a shorter excerpt to include at the top, as it contributes greatly to your lengthy blurb. As for the actual synopsis, I have to say it's pretty cliché. I'm not sure why, but I review a lot of stories where the blurb starts out as: "Emily wanted a free start." And yes, the protagonist's name is also always Emily in all those stories. My point is that a great number of books deal with protagonists trying to move on or wanting a free start. It's pretty much a given, so instead of giving details that don't surprise the reader, I suggest including the main conflict that's new to your reader. Additionally, your descriptions in your blurb with your protagonists are very cliché and generic. Again, it's a given for a lot of Wattpad stories to have rich and beautiful protagonists. This blurb doesn't help me understand your story well. Try to focus more on the actual conflict rather than describing the characters.