Chapter 7: Can You Swim?

I realized two things today. One is that I really hate airports, and two, I can't take Julius anywhere in public. We walk to the counter to buy our tickets for the flight and the receptionist, a short blond woman was standing at a computer typing. "Excuse me?" Julius asks as the woman continues to type. "Did she not hear me or not understand me?" he asks as he looks back at me.

Shrugging my shoulders, I say, "Not sure, want me to try."

"Nah, I let me try something." He says as he turns back to the receptionist, "Excusez moi?"

The woman stops typing and looks up. She has delicate features but by the look on her face, it looks like she's not having a good day. She sighs and looks at Julius, "Yes, may I help you today?

Julius went quiet for a moment and rubbed his face in frustration. "May I help you sir?" the receptionist asks again.

"So, so, so you mean to tell me, that you speak English, and you pretend not to hear me?"

"Sir," she says as she rolls her eyes, "I apologize, may I help you.?"

Julius looks back at me as I shake my head hoping he won't make a scene. He sighs and turns back at the receptionist. "Can we get two tickets to New York?" he asks

"Let me see what I can do for you. Do you have passports? "

"Yea hold on." Julius says as we both go inside of our luggage to get our passports.

"Here you go." I say as we hand her our passports. She takes them and starts putting in information inside the computer. "Ok, two Youth tickets to New York will be 467.46 Euro." She says as she looks at us expecting payment. I take out my wallet from my back pocket and swipe Jaq's card to pay for the flight.

"Alright every thing's good. Your flight will be in two hours." She says as I put the card

"Here you go." She says as she hands us our tickets, "You can wait at boarding right over there." She points to the waiting area that's near a huge glass wall that shows a beautiful backdrop of the city with the Eiffel Tower in the distance. We walk over to the waiting and find a few empty seats.

Julius and I went over the plan while we wait to board the plane. For now, if nothing goes wrong is that when we get to New York we go to my Uncle's office and get information about the fallen and about if he knows anything about our dad's, then come back.

"Sounds good?" I ask Julius

"Yea, but you think we can squeeze some sightseeing somewhere in there?"

"Uhh, yeah, sounds..." I get interrupted by a tap on my shoulder. I turn around and a fairly tall guy in his twenties wearing a black suit stands over me shaking.

"E-excuse me?" he starts as he struggles to get the words out. He looks like he's seen a ghost, "H-have any of you b-been seeing black feathers f-falling outside?"

I look at Julius and we look outside and it's nothing but a clear sunny day, "Are you alright sir? There're no feathers falling from the sky." I say in a calming tone.

"No, no, no, no, no." he says repeatedly as he walks away and towards another person to ask the same question.

"What was that about?" Julius asks

"Not sure, but it's definitely weird."

After about thirty minutes of waiting the receptionist spoke into the intercom and says, "Good Afternoon and thank you for flying with us today. This is the first boarding call for the first boarding group for the flight to New York."