Chapter 21

Never in my life did I think that I'd be driving to a prison to save the love of my life from a demon.

After mine and Debbie's conversation, which made me ultimately forgive her, she came up with a plan to sneak me out of the house.

Her, along with David teamed up to sneak me out the back door and she said that while I'm gone, one of them will be in my room acting like I'm doing whatever in there——while the other would stand guard at the door. So that neither of our parents will walk in and see that I'm actually not in my room.

So now, that leads me to right now...speeding way over the speed limit to save Arne. I was never able to contact Ed and Lorraine, but thankfully, Debbie had called them and mentioned my situation.

She told me that Lorraine figured something out with the priest they had talk to earlier in the week. Saying something about how he's the key to everything involving who the woman Arne keeps on seeing is. I just hope that everything goes well with them.

Finally pulling up to the prison, I hurriedly got out and was instantly greeted with the priest.

"Thank god! I was afraid you'd never show up!" He exclaimed while the both of us rushed inside.

"Sorry!" I apologized, rushing after him.

Because of the little event last night with me getting stabbed and everything, I'm not necessarily banned from the prison——it just wouldn't look to good if I were to show up again unannounced.

That's why the priest had to lead me in through the back entrance where we wouldn't get caught.

"I don't know how much time we have. Lorraine told me she went to go see father Kastner. But shortly after she told me that, Ed called, saying something about how Lorraine is in danger and that Katsner has known all along." The priest said, while we made our way into the clinic where Arne was.

"What do you mean she's in danger?" I asked, while the both of us walked up to an unconscious Arne. Both his hands was handcuffed to the side of the bed.

Even though he was passed out, I could see how drained and terrified he was. He was deathly pale, sweat coated his entire face and neck, making his hair damp.

His eyebrows would pinch together once in a while, like he was restless and scared.

"I don't know, he just said that whoever this woman is that created this curse, she may start the finally of her ritual earlier than expected." He said, opening his bible up.

"What do you mean earlier?" I asked, moving some of the hair off of Arne's face away.

"If Ed and Lorraine are at the exact place where this woman is, where her whole set up is, then she's going to do everything in her power to stop them and complete her ritual. She's going to want to start earlier." The priest explained.

I nodded my head, too scared to say anything while I turned my attention to Arne. I heard the priest start reading out of the bible, while I ran my finger through Arnes hair in a comforting manner.

I would whisper subtle things like, 'It's ok', and 'I'm right here Arne'. I don't even know if he could hear me but I'm going to do everything in my power to get Arne through this.

I don't know how long it was until the lights started flickering and things would start to shake.

"What happening?" I asked, looking around.

"It's time. She's starting the completion of her ritual." The priest said with a fearful look.

The look on his face was enough for my heartbeat to start beating rapidly. I returned to Arne, saying comforting things, hoping that he could hear me.