Chapter 6

After embarrassing myself like an idiot in front of Arne I immediately went home. I didn't even bother to wait for him to come down, I just told Debbie and Bruno I'm leaving and sped towards the house.

Now everyone is at our house, getting ready for our weekend brunch. The first one ever since David is back to normal.

I was helping my mom and Debbie bring stuff out to our picnic table, while Dad was on the grill and Arne and David were playing with a football.

I was too focused on Arne throwing the football, to realize the conversation Debbie and my mom were having.

"So Arne said he wanted to leave Fairfield." I heard Debbie say. I put the bowls I were holding on the table and listened into the conversation.

"He did not!" My mom gushed.

"He did!" Debbie said, smiling the biggest smile.

"W-wait what?" I said, laughing a little to not show my uncomfortableness.

"Yeah E! That's what I wanted to tell you this morning! He told me that now since everything is back to normal and David is out of the woods, we should get out." She said, holding my hands.

"B-but where would you guys go? I mean you guys are barely hanging on as it is, you barely make 5 dollars an hour at the kennel." I said, trying to get her to not agree.

"I know! I told him that but the more I think about it the more appealing it sounds! To finally get out of Fairfield and with Arne none the less!" She said, looking back at him.

I followed her line of sight to see Arne gently tackle David to the ground.

"Wait!" My mom exclaimed, making Debbie and I snap our heads toward her.

"Does that mean he's going to propose!? He is isn't he?!" She said, doing a little dance.

"P-propose?" I whispered, knowing they wouldn't hear me.

"He didn't say anything like that, but he implied it. Don't get you hopes up mom." Debbie said, playfully rolling her eyes.

"W-wait." I said, making them look at me.

"Propose? Debbie I mean he's only 19 and you're 22, don't you think you guys are going a little too fast?" I said.

**( I searched everywhere for what Debbie's age was at the time but I couldn't find anything so I just guessed a reasonable age. Because from articles I've read a lot of them implied that Debbie was a little older than Arne.)**

"I mean I guess, but does it really matter? I mean we've been dating for a few years now and we love each other. Shouldn't that be enough?" Debbie said, chuckling.

"Y-yeah. You're right, it's just big news that's all." I said, laughing to ease the tension.

"I'm actually um, going to go inside and um go to the bathroom." I said.

"O-okay. Is everything okay?" Debbie asked.

"Yeah! I just need to go wash my hands, they're sticky from holding the food and everything." I lied.

"Oh okay! I'll talk to you later then!" Debbie said. I gave her a tight lipped smile for turning around.

"Oh honey?" My mom said, making me turn around.

"Yeah?" I asked.

"Can you bring my camera down from my room, it should be on the dresser." She said, organizing the bowls on the table.

"Yeah no problem." I said, turning back around and heading inside. I took one last glance in Arne's direction to see David tackling him to the ground, and him laughing.