Chapter 13

"Can I have your last fry?" I asked, already looking at it.

"Eden you've already eaten all of your fries and most of mine! Haven't you had enough?" Arne asked, laughing.

"But they're just so good!" I whined.

"Fine!" He said, making me all giddy. I took his last fry plopping it into my mouth.

"Ugh! Tim's diner has the best fries!" I groaned.

I took a sip of my lemonade before looking back at Arne, to see him already looking at me.

"What?" I asked, laughing a little.

"N-nothing!" He said, shaking his head, laughing.

"Arne." I said, putting my hand on top of his.

"You can tell me remember? You don't have to hide anything from me." I said, softly.

He glanced at my hand on top of his before looking back up at me.

"Thank you Eden." He said. His green eyes staring intently at me.

"I told you Arne, you don't have to-" I began, but him shaking his head made me stop.

"No. I mean thank you for everything. For believing in me when no one else is. From noticing when I was obviously not okay, even when I insisted that I was. For coming after me with everything with Bruno, to sticking by my since day one since I've been locked up. It wasn't until now, that I realized how much you've been there for me. And I honestly feel so stupid not noticing it now." He said, taking both of my hands in his.

"Arne I- I don't know what to say." I said, glancing at our hands and then back at him.

"You don't have to say anything. I just want to thank you for being there for me. With me and Debbie finally over now, it's really nice to have somebody there for me." He said, smiling.

"Arne you know I'd do anything for you. I'm in it til the end. No matter what the outcome of everything is." I said, giving him a sincere look.

"You know, I really don't deserve you Eden. I mean any other person being convicted of 1st degree murder would not have somebody to convince the guards to let them eat lunch out in the open." He said, making us both laugh.

"It was nothing really. I mean I just——we don't know how everything is going to end. And if we can have one last day to be normal teenagers, even if we have guards surrounding us ready to tackle you if you try to escape than so be it." I said, making him laugh.

"You know I never did ask you how you were able to convince the guards to let me do this. I mean like I said earlier, how much people do you know are being convicted of murder and are able to have lunch with a friend after the first day of their trial?" He said, making me look down.

"It took some convincing. But we were able to eat lunch together! That's all that matters right?" I asked, looking back up at him.

"At what cost though?" He asked.

Before I could respond the guards came up.

"Alright! Times up! We've given you enough time to eat and talk." He said, handcuffing Arne.

"Um thank you for letting us do this. It really means a lot officer." I said, picking up our trash and throwing it away.

He just nodded before heading to the van with Arne.

I followed them all the way and stood at the back of the van while Arne sat down.

"I'll see you later then right? Your coming during visiting hours?" He asked, the happiness in his voice making me feel guilty.

I looked down, avoiding eye contact.

"Eden?" Arne asked, the happiness being replaced with worry and concern.

"Um you know how you asked at what cost it took for the guards to let us eat lunch together?" I asked, finally looking up.

"Yeah?" He said, frowning.

"Um well in order for them to let us eat lunch together, we made a deal that I couldn't see you for the rest of the day. Even during visiting hours." I said, seeing the all happiness fade away.

"Why would you do that?" He asked.

"Arne it's fine! It's just for the rest of the day! It's not like I can't see you for multiple days! I just wanted for us to have one last normal day! You can understand that right?" I asked.

"Y-yeah. I just wasn't expecting that. That's all." He said, looking down.

"But hey! Ill see you first thing tomorrow morning okay! Maybe I can get the guards at the prison to let us have a few extra minutes during visiting hours, okay?" I asked, trying to cheer him up.

"Okay." He said, smiling weakly.

"Okay ma'am. Its time to take him back to the prison." The guard said, closing the door.

"Ill see you tomorrow Arne, okay! First thing!" I yelled, so that he could hear me through the door.

The van started before driving off. I watched as it turned the corner, leaving my sight before I turned around, heading to my car.

What the hell am I supposed to do for the rest of the day?

~~~~
**Author's Note**

I hope you guys liked this chapter! Compared the others it's a little on the shorter side but at least it's all dialogue between Eden and Arne lol!

Let me know what you guys thought of this chapter!

I'll see you guys next time!

:)