Chapter 7

**( Song for this chapter: Call me by Blondie // You'll know when to start playing it lol ;) )**

~~~~
It was the next morning and I was dreading to go to work for some reason. I don't know why but the second I woke up this morning I just got a feeling that something bad was going to happen. I didn't know what exactly but I know it's something bad.

I got out of bed, opening my curtains to let the sunlight in before heading to David's room. Its just become a routine now to constantly check up on him when I first wake up.

I peaked through the crack of his door, seeing he was still peacefully sleeping before heading to the bathroom.

I brushed my teeth and took a shower, but didn't bother to wash my hair since I already did yesterday.

After getting out of the shower, I got dressed then put my hair in two french braids and let some pieces fall in the front.

I grabbed my bag and keys and headed downstairs. My parents were already gone for work so I just grabbed an apple and water and headed to work.

While driving to work, I let my thoughts wonder to brunch yesterday. After I had lied to Debbie about what happened with Arne I kind of avoided him for the rest of the day.

I know I was being childish but having to lie to my sister about something that would not only worry her—— but definitely worried me, made me feel really guilty.

Arne would try to make small talk with me but I would give him just simple one to two word responses. I think he finally picked up on me not wanting to talk and he just let me be. Which I was really grateful for because I didn't know how much I could take of ignoring him, when I so did not want to.

I finally pulled up to work, parking my car and getting out. I grabbed my bag, apple, and water and headed inside.

"Hey Bruno! I'm here!" I shouted. Bruno instantly came rushing towards me with a big smile.

"My favorite employee! How was brunch yesterday with the fam?" He asked, while I bit into my apple.

"It was good. My parents said hi by the way." I said, grabbing my clipboard.

"Well tell them Bruno said hello too and that I really appreciate you coming into work today." He said, giving me a sincere look.

"No problem. Anything new today? Or the same old same old?" I asked. Bruno took the apple that I was holding in my mouth, making me pout.

"Dog in kennel number 5 again." He said, before taking a bite making me scrunch up my face.

"Seriously?" I deadpanned.

"What?" He asked, innocently. I rolled my eyes before heading to the kennels.

"You owe me another apple!" I called out.

"Seriously?" I heard him yell back. Laughing, I started doing my checkups on each of the dogs.

"Hey." I heard someone say. I turned around to see Debbie there leaning against the doorframe.

"Hey what's up?" I asked, finishing my checkups and writing the last bit down.

"Um I actually wanted to ask you something?" She asked, making me stop what I was doing and look up at her.

"What is it?" I asked.

"It's about Arne." She said, seeming nervous.

"Okay?" I said, but it coming off as a question.

"I'm assuming when you were talking with Arne yesterday he mentioned moving and maybe even proposing?" She said. Before I could respond she beat me to it.