Chapter 11

It was about 8 in the morning the next day. After the awkward silence last night between Arne and I, I told him that I was going to go to the waiting area and get some rest.

I could see he didn't want me to leave but I just needed some time to myself to think about what the hell just happened.

I barely got any sleep. I'm pretty sure I went to sleep around two something, but I would always catch myself waking up every 30 minutes.

Feeling a yawn coming up, I stood up to find some coffee. I'm pretty sure if I sat for any longer I would instantly fall asleep.

I finally found a room with a coffee machine and some breakfast foods. Donuts, donut holes, bagels, and a wide assortment of fruits.

Not feeling too hungry, I just fixed myself a cup of coffee. Adding sugar and cream, I headed back out. I was too busy stirring my coffee to notice somebody had entered.

Looking up, I instantly made eye contact with Ed and Lorraine. Just seeing them made myself flood with relief. Feeling tears prick my eyes, I sat the cup down and rushed towards them.

Lorraine instantly engulfed me in a hug, while I cried softly into her shoulder.

"I'm so glad you guys are here. It wasn't him. It wasn't! I know it was the demon." I said, pulling away, wiping my tears.

"We know sweetie. That's why we're here." Lorraine said, smiling sympathetically.

Ed stepped up. I noticed he was using a cane now. I guess him having a heart attack really took a toll on him.

"Hi Eden." He said, softly. He stuck his hand out, but I engulfed him in a hug as well.

"I'm glad you're okay Mr. Warren." I said, before pulling away.

"Um thank you Eden. I appreciate it." He said, glancing at Lorraine.

I could tell they were both surprised by my sudden form of affection. I guess not a lot of the families of the victims in their cases give him hugs.

"You guys have to help him. Its already much worse than David. Please." I said, looking between the both of them.

"We're going to do everything we can. Can we see him?" Lorraine asked.

"Yeah he's this way." I said, leading them to his cell.

When we came up to his cell, he was sitting in the corner fiddling with his hands. He was looking down the whole time, not noticing our appearance.

"Hey Arne." I said, making him snap his head towards us.

The moment he saw me, I saw relief flash over him and he had a soft smile on his face.

"Eden!" He said, smiling. He stood up and made his way towards us.

But he stopped a few feet away from the bars when he saw Ed and Lorraine.

"What are they doing here?" He asked, looking at me.

"They're here to help Arne. They're going to help you just like how they helped David." I said, looking up at him.

He looked at me for second before glancing behind me at Ed and Lorraine before nodding.

"Okay." He said, sighing.

We had called a guard to take Arne out so that we could take him to a separate room to question him.

When we made it into the other room, there was a priest already standing there by the window. We greeted him before we all sat down.