Stella & The Pest

Chapter 1

Stella

"Oh my goodness!" I exclaim as he slams into me, causing me to reach my peak. The passion seeping through as his lips find mine once again. I kiss him eagerly as if he were going to disappear.

"How about another round?" His lips whisper seductively against the crook of my neck.

I chuckle as I shake my head, "That's enough for today."

He sighs before laying beside me on the bed. His arms come to wrap themselves around me as he attempts to cuddle. I raise my brow at him, "You know what I said about this."

"It's just cuddling." He protests as he pulls me closer.

I shake my head as I sit up from the bed. "Out Julius." I say as I point to the door. He looks at me somberly, just as he does every time before kissing my cheek and picking his pants off of the floor.

I don't bother to watch him as he gets dressed and instead pick up my phone to scroll through my notifications. He silently left after getting dressed, leaving me in my bed alone.

For the past two months, I have been sleeping with Julius Ashford, frequently.

But that was it. No dates, no flirting, and certainly no cuddling. We were intimate, yes, but there was no emotional connection. Or at least I pretended there wasn't.

That was why the no cuddling rule was important, Julius was simply a stress reliever. I call, he arrives, and we bang. That's it, just how I liked it.

My phone rings and I quirk my brow in confusion as my father's face pops up on my phone. Reluctantly I answer the call. "What?"

"That is no way to greet your father."

"What do you want?" I repeat.

"I want us to talk."

I scoff, "About what? I have nothing to say to you."

"I'm in town. Meet me for brunch this morning at Manresa."

"And if I don't?" I ask with a raised brow.

"I know where you live." With that, he hangs up the phone.

I glare at it angrily. I hadn't spoken to my father in a good few months and now here he is demanding I have brunch with him. I wasn't going to go, I owed him nothing.

I get out of bed and step into my shower, washing off any trace of this morning's shenanigans. It was a Saturday, and even then I found myself working usually. But today I was taking a day off and getting some rest and relieving some stress. Hence why Julius was just here. I got dressed into some comfy loungewear and decided to treat myself to breakfast.

I call in an order from a nearby restaurant and wait for my food to arrive. As I waited I decided to clean up the place a bit. Putting away clean dishes, and sweeping the floor as I played old hits on my smart speaker.

"This is a man's world! This is a man's world!" I sang out into the broom, "But it wouldn't be nothing, nothing without a woman or a girl."

Knocking occurred on the front door before I could finish the rest. I smile, excited that my breakfast was already here. But to my disappointment, my father was the one standing on the other side of the door. A woman stood behind him with a large smile on her face. She wore a simple baby blue off-the-shoulder sweater and dark jeans. Her hair was big and curly, unlike my silk pressed do.

"I figured you wouldn't come." He says as he enters the apartment.

"It is so great to finally meet you!" The woman says as she gives me a bone-crushing hug.