Chapter twenty seven

I stared up at him, his face was too hard for me to read as I watched him as he had his eyes closed, hands placed on my shoulders as he took in heavy breaths in an attempt to relax himself in my presences. His body was tense when he opened his eyes, staring down at me with an emotion that I didn't know he would ever feel for me again but I didn't know if I was ever going to be able to return the favour. His jaw was clenched, everything about him was different as he stared at me with love, worry and helplessness. I felt defeated all over again as neither of us were willing to look away from each other with stubbornness swimming in our blood.

I got his son and my brother in a hospital bed because of my foolishness, I was careless enough to let him go out that time and I reget it so much. I couldn't bare to ever see him in pain after all we've been through but I was stupid. I could feel the tears rolling down my face before I could stop them as I gripped onto Zach's hand for support, hopping he would just magically wake up and I could tell him how sorry I was for this. I wanted to say sorry for everything, I didn't want him to live like this, I wanted better for him, I didn't wish for him to ever experience what I had but he experienced as much as had when we were kids. I had nearly killed my witch to save him, I had sacrificed myself to keep my brother alive and there was consequences for my actions but right now all I need is for him to open his eyes.

"I'm sorry." Sorry wasn't even enough, it will never be enough for the damage I had done to him in his life. I felt Jayden's hand untangle my hands from Zachs and I panicked as I felt my heart sink to the bottom of my stomach. I felt like I was losing Zach. "Zach." Jayden pulled me tightly into his arms, my face buried in his chest as I gripped onto him. I could feel his heartbeat, the unstable beats of his heart made me worried for him as I looked up at him through wet lashes but my head was quick to turn my brother again to make sure he was there and this was no dream.

He held me close to him, so close to him that I felt like I was apart of his soul. I couldn't help but shed a few more tears as he placed a kiss on my lips, taking me as his and calming me down for a few seconds. "Don't do that ever again, Raven." He warned, and I laughed through tears running down my face and maybe his.

"Don't do what?" I wrapped myself around him, not wanting to let go and lose the only warmth I had left. He made me feel so comfortable and safe now I couldn't lose it just yet, i didn't want to let go and neither did he. Jayden growled at me, his wolf not liking what I had said and I rolled my eyes as I kissed him on his neck, having to go on my top toes just to reach him and calm my male down. "I wouldn't, I wouldn't leave you my love." He smiled at me, a small smile but a smile nevertheless in my opinion and the way I was action had taken me by surprise but the stress levels of this situation was worse.

"We have to go Raven, Jordon and his sons want to take care of Zach while I bring you somewhere." I stopped breathing as he had said that, it felt like he had asked me chose between Zach and Asher and my heart started to beat painfully in my chest as I looked own at my brother. I wanted to fight him for saying that, I wasn't going to leave my boy alone, I couldn't my heart wouldn't allow it. I untangled my hand from his hand grabbed Zach's, no response of course but just the feel of his touch was enough to reassure me for now. "We'll be back, just a breather for you to think straight, kitten." I can't.

"I can't Jayden." He held me tightly to him as if he knew I was going to trash against him to free myself, he wasn't wrong, I wasn't going to leave him alone when he was just in his death bed two second's ago . "Jayden, please." I begged helplessly, tears again rolling down my face as I felt my heart close up on itself. I couldn't breathe, I was suffering in a room full of wolves that wanted me to be separated from someone I cared for.

"Mi amore." I turned around, having my back facing his front as I stared down at my brother. The boy that helped me through so fucking much, I couldn't ever repay him for what he's done for me over the years. He was three years younger than me, my blood and my safe heaven, I was there for his firsts like I was there for Asher but Zach was my life. My baby brother than knew everything there was to know about me, my baby. I placed a kiss on his forehead, a tear rolling down from the corner of my eye but I was quick to wipe it away, giving his hand a soft squeeze I pulled away, trying not to cry as I felt my heart break in my chest. "Wake up soon, I'm begging you." I mumbled just as Jayden placed another kiss on my forehead. "I love you, Zachie."