Chapter twenty six

Taking a right in the Rang Rover I felt my heart sink deeper into my chest, mind going wild with disturbing thoughts but I still managed to smile for Ash. I didn't want him to start worrying, he was only a kid himself and he had other things to deal with as well. Him seeing Zach in that condition wouldn't be good for either of them right now."Venna?" Someone patting my shoulder caused my thoughts to buckle to the back of my head as I hummed, waiting for Ash to speak up again.

"What's wrong?" Tyler continued on for him as I kept my eyes glued on the road in front of me, holding back tears by bitting down on my tongue but it didn't really help.

I gave a little hum back in response, losing the energy to actually hold a conversation with the two kids again even thought it wasn't even their fault.

"You've been oddly quiet today, are you okay?" Tyler pointed out and I smiled to reassure both of them that I'm really fine. Ash sighed, not believing my little smile as his little eyes stared questionable at me but I shrugged my shoulders. "Raven I'm being serious, what's wrong? Nothings being said since you've picked me and him up." He directed his small index finger between Tyler and him, who was in the back seat with him.

"Just work you know, nothing to worry about kiddos." Ash sighed, slumping back into the seat while Tyler nodded his head before mumbling something under his breath but I shrugged it off again

"Take a break soon." Ash and Tyler both encouraged, both of them giving my shoulders a little squeeze as I forced a laugh out of me before pulling up in front of the Stone's house. I watched as the two boys unbuckled themselves, Ash leaned over and gave a kiss on my check pre-usual and I couldn't help but smile. "Love you, kiddo." I mumbled and he said the same thing before following Tyler and as soon as they were inside the house my smile dropped

Unbuckling myself I placed my head against the he steering wheel.'Andrew, any chance of them waking up yet?' I was hesitant to mindlink Andrew, I was anxious as I waited for a response

I didn't get anything back, that broke me something inside of me and I was fighting to keep my tears from falling down now

I need him, he can't leave

Andrew is in a pack, a very powerful pack for that matter and I'm not, I'm a alone wolf, sort of like a rouge but at the same time no, despise not being in the same group we still managed to mindlink each other. 'Nothing, nothing yet buttercup. His smoothing voice flooded my head as I closed my eyes, rolling the window down as I felt suffocated inside of the car

"He's not going to leave me or Ash, he'll wake up soon." I kept mumbling the same thing over and over again, trying to reassure myself that he and Lucas will wake up soon. He wouldn't die from a stupid rouge attack, he's been through the deepest pits of hell and he's was still breathing, he wouldn't die on me now. "They will wake up." A tear dropped down onto my  cold hands, followed by another but I tired hard not cry. I tensed up as I quickly wiped my face dry, I quietened down as the car door opened, shuffling around as everyone got in their seats before it went quiet.

I knew who was in the car, it had always been like this for a week straight now that after I dropped the kids off Alex, Kyle and Derek and Jacob would get in the car and escape from the house and talk. We've created the arm a safe space for us to be alone and bond with each other, they were strangers to me but I felt comfortable around these strangers. We talked about nonsense, not making sense but getting whatever we felt like out of our chests, it was nice.

Kyle popped his head on top of my seat, sitting right behind me he played with my hair, a weird habit of his but I didn't complain as it distracted me from my thoughts. Kyle glanced over at Jacob with a look in his eye and I frowned, what were they saying? "What's going on?" I pointed between the two, waiting for an answer but no one spoke.