Chapter 18: the real truth

"Yeah, I'm the mermaid prince. That's the real me. I'm not human and Shigiraki has been looking for, which now that I think about it I have no clue why," Kirishima blurted out still having tears fall from his face.

"Look, I'm sorry about your sister, but that was my parents she killed!" Bakugo raised voice.

"If they would have wanted to use her for her powers then she wouldn't have to hurt them!" The boat started to rock back and forth.

All of a sudden Mina came crashing into the room. She saw the tear stained face of Kirishima and Bakugo teared up on the ground.

A sudden wave crashed into the boat causing Mina to lose her balance, but she quickly regained it. Kirishima didn't feel the sudden boat rock. He was causing these waves without realizing it.

"Kiri, you need to calm down!" She shouted trying to brake his trance.

"I can't, the person I actually started to love and care for turned out to be the son of the people who murdered my sister."

Mina went wide eyed. She look towards the captain seeing him couch over the necklace that he hides under his shirt.

"I'm sorry. How can I make you forgive me?" Bakugo seemed to beg.

Kirishima looked at him, tears still coming from his eyes.

"I don't think there's anything you can do. I should just go back to the water. Let my father run the rest of my life however he wants."

Bakugo remembered what Kirshima had told him about his father. He wouldn't have lied about that much.

"You said that you barely saw him. That's because he's the king, correct?" He asked.

"Yes. My servant was my only friend."

"Are you willing to go back to an abusive man and live miserably for the rest of your life or will you give me a second chance? I didn't know that you were a mermaid. I didn't know that all those years ago, that that was your sister. I didn't know that my parents whould go mad over her powers. So please, just give me a chance. It took me weeks to understand my feelings. I'm an aggressive, short tempered pirate, but when it comes to you Kirishima, everything takes a 180. I become caring and I lower my guard. Like I said earlier to you, I'm pretty sure that this is love so please, let me love you, the real you," Bakugo cried out.

Kirishima listed to is declaration. He knew that Bakugo meant every single word he was saying. Mina just stood there shocked by what the hell was happening in front of her.

"Promise me one thing," Kirishima said looking down to Bakugo who was still on the floor.

"Anything!" He immediately replied.

"Don't ever, and mean ever, use me for my powers. I'm not anyone's puppet."

"I would never and will never use you for your powers. I'll have to get just to the fact that the man I love is a mermaid," Bakugo smiled.

"And I'll have to get to get used to the man I love being a short tempered pirate," Kirshima let out a laugh still having tears on his face.

Kirishima lowered his hand and offered it to Bakugo. Bakugo accepted it and Kirishima pulled him up on his feet.

"I'm not entirely sure what just happened but I'm guessing you two confessed your feelings," Mina let out. 

"Tsk, get out of her raccoon eyes. I'll make you clean the side of the boat if you don't get out of here!" Bakugo growled switching to his short tempered self.

Mina quickly ran out the room leaving the two boys in the room.

"Are you really going to make her do that?" Kirishima asked.

"Who knows? It's a real job that someone has to do but I'll make icy hot do it."

"You don't like him huh?"

Bakugo turned to face Kirishima, pulling him in by his hips. "He challenged my position before you got here. I'll always hold a grudge against him." Kirishima laughed.

"Can I kiss you again?" Bakugo asked permission beforehand.

"I don't know. Are we considered boyfriends and can I call you by your first name and not 'captain'?" Kirishima asked with a smirk.

"Yes and yes Eijiro," something about Bakugo calling him by his first name just seemed to flow so easily, like it was meant for him to say it.

The two went in for a kiss and stayed with each other for the rest of the night.

——

"Alright, I'm only going to say this once, so listen up!" Bakugo yelled out to the rest of the crew who were doing their morning chores.

Everyone gathered in front of Bakugo and saw Kirishima standing near him.

"Alright me and red here, confessed to each other last night. Yes I know he's a mermaid, which was a secret that everyone knew, but me!" The whole crew flinched knowing that was true. "Anyway, I'll let him explain the rest."

Bakugo pulled Kirishima to where he was.

"Hi guys. I think I'm ready to confess who I really am and important things about me." He explained everything. Everything from his sister, to his father, to his terrible life in the castle, everything. "Also, I'm not sure if you guys knew, but every mermaid has the ability to control water.  It's pretty fun sometimes, but only royals have another ability. Royals powers vary from each mermaid. Diana, my sister, had a hypnotizing voice. Me on the other hand, I can change the appearance of things, hence how I can have legs. Most mermaids don't have the ability to change their tails to legs."

Everyone listened, including Bakugo, he wanted to know has much as he could about his boyfriend.

"Hello! Anyone on that ship?" A random voice called out.

Everyone looked at each other, not knowing where it was coming from.

The voice called out again. Kirishima knew the voice. He hadn't heard it in a while but he could easily point out that he knew it.

"Babe, you okay?" Bakugo asked putting a hand on his shoulder.

"I know that voice." Kirishima walked to the side of the ship. His eyes widened when he saw the source of the voice.

A green tailed mermaid with messy green hair sat on a rock.

"Midoriya!?" Kirishima called out.

"Prince Kirishima! You shouldn't have shown your face," he yelled back.

"What do you mean?"

"Cause, you just answered our suspicions. Now come with us willingly or we will take you by force," Shigiraki arose from the water into the rock with a shaking Midoriya bellow him.